Sunday 25 September 2011

Dado Blade - dado blade set, dado blade


took a chance that these low priced baleds would be worth using, and they do a good job (no Freud mind you) but they are well worth the price.

the company shipped them in a timley manner and they were exactly are advertised. I would but from them again Mibro 491071 6-Inch Stacking Dado Blade

I returned this set because I couldn't get a clean cut at the bottom and I have a lot of cuts to do and glue doesn't hold well on rough surface. I bought the Freud set and it works better although not perfectly. Much better though. The Mibro is more difficult to set up and the price has gone up. If you need clean cuts and don't want to be sanding skip this set, imo.



I would question whether it was me or the blades if the other set didn't work so well out of the box.

Because I am a casual woodworker and needed the ability to cut grooves and make simple joints inexpensively, I purchased the 6" Mibro stacking dado blade set. I've never used an expensive set of dado blades but for what I do these blades work great. When the job is done the packaging makes for simple to use storage. I got more than I paid for.

Over the years the only tools that I have regretted buying were cheap ones. This one is no exception. The holes on all of the shims are about 1/16 of an inch too large which means they are able to fall into the threads of the arbor. I have just spent the better part of an hour trying to set up for one dado cut and have decided that it is just not worth it. This dado blade is going in the trash because I would not wish it on anyone else.

This set is great for the price. There isn't a carbide set of Stacking

Dado at this price nowhere. And the set works just great, of course it isn't a $200. set, but not so far away. It cuts nice and flat bottom dadoes and real nice grooves. You just can't ask for more. I'm very happy with this buy, and for this price you could buy another set, just in case.

When I received this item it looked like the container was broke but figured "no big deal" and started to use the blades. That was a mistake, the blades cut like s..., and chipped a lot of good wood. I then noticed one of the chipper blades was "chipped". I called Mibro and they were very good in handling my complaint. They sent me a whole new set which I just got through using with great success. I don't think the problem was with Mibro but with who ever sent the blades. ( Amazon, Supplier, Retailer, Wholesaler,........)

I have used several Dadoes. I had high hopes for this product but I should have listened to the 1 star reviews. This is truly a piece of junk and dangerous too. I installed the dado for the first time and was making some 1/4 inch cuts 3/8 inch deep. Shouldn't been too much of a strain there. I ran 180 inches of stock and upon inspecting the new dado blade noticed that one of the carbide teeth was missing. If I could give it a minus star I would.

Initially the postal service lost my order however due to excellent customer service I was shipped a second dado which arrived yesterday, well packaged and in good order. It will serve very well. I'm a retired cabinet maker. - Freud - Dado Blade Set - Dado Blade - Mibro'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information