Saturday 17 September 2011

Disc Sleeves


The price on these CD/DVD Paper Sleeves was really good and since this is one of those purchases that I don't use frequently, I went for the cheap price! The paper sleeve is more flimsy than some that are manufactured, but they do the job and that is what counts! Rated four stars only because the paper is so thin. Americopy 100 Paper CD Sleeves with Window & Flap

The paper is very thin and the windows become detached if you aren't VERY careful with them. It appears that the window is not even attached on most of the sleeves. You have to make sure the CD or DVD goes on the inside of the window. I purchased 5 packages and they all have this issue. Disappointed is an understatement.

These are unlike the old-fashioned all paper sleeves, these are paper but they also have a plastic WINDOW that allows one to see which CD they have inside the sleeve! No more pulling the CD in and out in order to see what's on the CD inside. No more having to write on the old fashioned paper sleeves making them unusable for future use with a different CDs. No more having to keep the same sleeve with the same CD. No, with the invention of this sleeve with A WINDOW, a new day has dawned with the organization of your CDs when trying to keep them scratch-free!

I am rather surprised by all the reviews here that are knocking this product particularly calling the sleeves flimsy. I don't know what these buyers were looking for when making this purchase. These cd paper sleeves with window are great and work perfectly. To review them is simple for me as well as giving them the highest grade possible.



I had well over 200 dvds of computer work, data, burned files and home movies etc. I gave these a shot and purchased 1 set of 100. They are in no way flimsy. The paper is as described - quality paper and the plastic window is securely in place . If it was flimsy I would expect the plastic window to fall off easily. For myself I use each sleeve for 1 dvd. It saves huge space and makes storage much easier than how it was with the slim disc cd cases I was using before. When I give dvd copies to friends I put up to 2 dvds in a sleeve and they still are perfect and don't tear or anything. I believe 3 or more might tear at the paper but I would never put that many in 1 sleeve thus taking the chance of scratching the discs.



I love these sleeves and find them to be of excellent quality - exactly as described. I highly recommend them but must add that the buyer must be sure to use them as intended. I went and bought another 200 and have not found 1 faulty one out of the 300 I have purchased thus far. Highly recommend. A great product that does its job well.

These envelopes are thinner and less well made than the vast majority of similar envelopes that CD's & DVD's often arrive in, based on my past experiences, but they do the job adequately. The do cost only about half of what the ones sold at Staples, etc. regularly do, so I guess there is some value here.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information