Saturday 17 September 2011

Sandwich Maker - panini grill, sandwich press


I've had this sandwich maker for over 5 years. It works great and makes delicious Cuban sandwiches. The reversible plates makes it easy if you want to cook burgers or other meats but I've not used it for this purpose.

This sandwich maker is the best of both worlds with its reversible plates. I'm not a fan of pseudo "grill" marks, but it is an option with this model. Toasting sandwiches is a real breeze with this appliance - quick, easy and clean - and the price is very affordable. Wish I had one during my college days. Also makes great quesadillas, which I don't suppose is something the ridged panini makers do very well. It could easily handle frying eggs or cooking crepes as well.



In short, if you're in the market for a sandwich/panini maker, don't buy a trendy, expensive unitasker. Buy something like this instead.

This performs exactly as advertised. I was using my George Foreman grill to make my toasted cheese sandwiches, but this does a much nice job. The Foreman grill only allows u to grill things about 1 inch thick before it starts "pinching" the sandwich. This sandwich maker can easily accommodate much thicker sandwiches due to its self-adjusting hinge (I have tried up to about 2 1/2 " thick sandwiches and its fine for them!). Sometimes I place some weight on the top (careful - the top gets HOT) to create pressed sandwiches. Has multiple heat settings as well as on/off.



Criticisms: I wish it had an automatic shutoff. Its too easy to forget i put a sandwich in and forget about it! However, I have yet to burn anything yet so maybe the temperatures achieved don't cause a problem in this case. I wish it had a separate "off" switch. Its has a knob/dial type on/off/temperature controller, but i wish i could set the temperature and turn it on/off separately.

Very happy with this sandwich maker. It is nice because it has an adjustable theromastat. Also really like the feature that the grills are removable, easy to clean and it can be used with or without the "pannini grill marks"; with just a flip of the grill plates. Good price and fast shipment. Love Amazon!

Simple and terrific. Plates are removable and have gone through the dishwasher without damage, yet. The unit is somewhat flimsy being made of molded sheet metal but should last a few years as long as it's not abused. The grill I received had a misaligned top and bottom so I just "tweaked" it to make the two sides fit. Seems to have worked fine.



For the price, the removable plates are what makes this a good buy in my book and if it lasts a few years I'll be happy. - Panini Grill - Sandwich Press'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information