Friday 2 September 2011

Dry Erase Markers - dry erase boards, white board


It's okay, but the biggest problem is that there are a couple bubbles in the surface, like it wasn't glued well to the backing. I bought if for my daughter, so it's fine for her. Not for professional use in my opinion. Board Dudes Magnetic Dry Erase Board Value Pack, 24 x 36 Inches (79194VAT-12)

The first board I received was warped badly. I contacted Amazon and I obtained an RMA and they shipped a replacement overnight (Thank You Amazon!). However, the second board was also a "bit" warped. Well, I didn't want to have to return another oversized box at the UPS store so I decided to throw some flat iron weights (2 5lb and 2 10lb) on the back of it while leaving the board face down overnight on the carpet.



The twist in the board disapeard and I hung it on the wall (landscape). After about 4 days the warp (twist) in the white board re-appeared and now the board was not laying flat on the wall. This might be because I often open the window in my office and the humidity may have contributed to the warp re-appearing.



The board is a coated fiber board with an aluminum frame with plastic corners. The frame is mostly decorative. I had to drill the bottom corners and anchor it to the wall to keep it straight.



The board erases well with no ghosting; at least with the markers that came with the board. It came with an eraser, 2 black markers, 1 purple and 1 blue. It also came with some magnet backed clips and buttons.



Considering the extra effort to get the board hung, I don't think it was worth the $40 dollars.



The warp may have been attributed to the fact that the board was shipped in an oversized box at a canted angle. I don't know how long the board was sitting in this box in the warehouse. I expect the warp is due to using coated fiber board and not the packing.



If you are willing to put a couple of extra screws thru the bottom of the board to keep it flat on the wall don't sweat it. If you want a board that will hang flat on the wall with the two anchors and screws provided with the board, this may not be for you.

I wanted a magnetic board for the kitchen so I wouldn't have to use my new refrigerator for a bulletin board. The white board does the job perfectly and I can use the pens that came with it on my small note size white board. However, the packaging left much to be desired. The box was so squashed that FedEx had to tape the box to hold it together. The paper packaging inside was inadequate and the board did arrive slightly bent at the bottom.

When the board arrived, it looked very nice, had all the components, and worked well. About a week later, the whole board was warped so one of the corners was away from the wall ~3-4 inches and the whole surface had bubbled up. I had to return the board. I would not recommend this product or Board Dudes in general for future purchases.

I have bought 4 of this board & had to return all 4 of them due to warping & surface bubbling. The warping & bubbling usually occurred after about a week of hanging on the wall. Amazon should not carry this product at all.

The aluminum frame was warped, which would have been possible to fix by screwing the board to the wall. But I was installing it in an unusual location, so that wouldn't work. Fortunately, I velcroed it into place while trying to figure out a more permanent solution. After a week or two, the surface didn't just bubble up - it looked like a gopher dug a tunnel from top to bottom. The surface popped out about a half an inch, and the tunnel was about an inch wide.



The white board only has two jobs - be flat, and be erasable. At least it was erasable for the short time I had it before taking advantage of Amazon's return policy. If you still think it's a good idea to get this board, don't throw out the box until you are either confident the shape won't change suddenly, or the return period has expired.



It gets one star because it was erasable, and it also held magnets.

I got this board for homeschool use. It has bubbled up from all corners making it very difficult to use. Of course, the return window ended 2 months ago. I warn you against this board. It is awful!

Little pricey but nice board, came packed well.



After about two weeks the backing seemed to warp and the top white part de-laminated or came unglued from the wood it is mounted on.



So now I have a white board with ripples in it.



Bought it for my office but since my 5 year old uses it mostly and doesn't notice the bumps haven't bothered returning it.



Bottom line - pass on this brand and this model.

My child loved this and used it everyday. I saw her writing skils improve because she enjoyed the pruduct so muc. After about 3 months it starts to warp and you have wrinkles in the board. I was not able to do anything at this point because it has been so long.. I would not buy this again or tell anyone else this is crap! - Dry Erase Markers - Boards - Dry Erase Boards - White Board'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information