Friday 9 September 2011

Ipad Keyboard - ipad keyboard, ipad 2


I ordered two of these timbuk2 bags. One for my iPad2 and one for my wife's iPad1. They were by all accounts on the description the same, and i bought from this link--I accessed this page from my accounts and prior orders on both purchases. Both said fit the iPad1 and iPad2. The first one I ordered from a third party seller on amazon (ebags) because amazon didn't have any. The second I ordered from amazon. When they came, they are slightly different sizes.



The ebag one fits my ipad2 is about a half inch smaller than the amazon one. It fits perfectly my ipad2 with a smartcover--a leather one if that makes a difference. My wife's iPad1 with the apple case doesn't fit in it.



The amazon one (I.e., the one sold directly from amazon) is bigger and fits the iPad1 with the apple case. There's just a touch of extra room, but it is a great fit. The iPad2 if a little loose in it.



Overall, both bags are great. Good padding. I like the look. There is cushion but it is not overly thick. But there is a little bit of buyer beware out there. If you have an ipad2 in all likelihood you want the smaller bag, but there is no real way to tell from the ordering system.



Edit: If you look at some of the more recent reviews above, it seems as if they might be sending out the smaller one now (as opposed to the larger one discussed in the older comments). So if you have an iPad1 and want to use the apple case, this may not be the sleeve for you. Timbuk2 iPad Envelope Sleeve (Village Violet/Barley/Barley, X-Small)

This will fit an iPad2 with the smartcover. This sleeve is nice and thin and should offer a little more protection in addition to the smartcover. The "hook and loop" fastener system is very strong and won't come undone easily.



I bought a smaller sleeve this past fall for my Kindle and liked it so much I wanted to get one for my iPad2.

The sleeve is well made and has the right amount of padding while maintaining a thin profile, but as another reviewer had mentioned, there's an issue with the sizing. I ordered two sleeves both directly from amazon and I ended up getting two different sizes. The first one fit the iPad2 + smart cover perfectly, but the second one is really loose (almost half an inch of wiggle on both ends). I'm getting a replacement from amazon soon, so we'll see if it was just a fluke or maybe their supplier has an older stock of the larger sleeve...



Update:

After 2 more replacements, I was unable to get the smaller sleeve that fits the iPad2 snug for my second sleeve. The sleeve is still great, but unfortunately, it's hit or miss with the sizing. I'm happy with my first one, but unfortunately I can't keep asking for replacements until I get the right one for my friend. I'm still rating this 5 stars because the sleeve I'm keeping works great and fits perfectly, and amazon customer service has been exceptional.



If you want to see the size difference between the cases, take a look at the photo I uploaded on the product page.

I bought this because I have one of their laptop cases with which I am very pleased. The laptop case is thickly quilted and very protective. The iPad case is also very protective, although not quite as thick/padded as the laptop case. Still, it is thick enough and wonderful for what I wanted it for: Protect the iPad from scratches and dents when I toss it in my backpack. It's hardy and well-made with tough, rigid seams all around the outer edge. The flap closes with three large velcro strips - maybe too much, but better too much than too little.

Fast Delivery. The color of the Sleeve is attractive. But seriously, i would not recommend anyone to get this sleeve for iPad2. The flip is hard. The width of the sleeve does not have any extra space left which means that you got to use a slight force in order to fit it in. (Ended up getting scratches on the side of my iPad2. The material inside the sleeve does not provide a sense of secure. (It's abit rough). Would like to return the item if possible.

The Timbuk2 iPad envelope sleeve is perfect for what I was needing. After getting my iPad I went and bought a keyboard case to go with it-ZAGGmate with Keyboard, but still felt that I'd need something else in case I didn't need to take the keyboard case with me. I was pleasantly surprised that not only does my iPad fit perfectly in this case, and although it's a little snug, I can put the iPad into the Zaggmate keyboard case and then put the entire thing into the Timbuk2 sleeve! Got the baby blue/grey/white and it looks pretty stylish too, if you're into that. Good padding, without being overkill and also looks great when carrying it as well!

Been looking for a sleeve to fit my Ipad2. This looked light weight, I liked the style and looked easy to carry (which it is) but when received, it was too small. When I tried to slide my Ipad2 in the sleeve, it wouldn't fit. I returned it, ordered a second, one as the representive told me that with this item, the size can vary. After receiving the second one - I give up - this one is smaller than the first, about 1/4 inch smaller. Needless to say, this one is being sent back. - Bluetooth Keyboard - Ipad Keyboard - Ipad Case - Ipad 2'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information