Friday 9 September 2011

oil filters - oil filters, mobile one


The Mobil 1 filter is well made and is constructed with metal end caps. I've heard they are made by Champ filters. I compared the Mobil 1 filter to a K&N and they are exactly the same (except for the nut added to the K&N). Mobil 1 M1-102 Extended Performance Oil Filter, Pack of 2

I buy these from Amazon on a regular basis. We had a Toyota Sienna that had an oil gelation problem despite having the car regularly serviced by Toyota. After some persistence on our part Toyota rebuilt the engine on our car (which only had 38,000) miles on it. Toyota said they would only pay for this once and that we needed to switch to using synthetic oil.In researching this online and some well respected mechanics we concluded that we would also use Mobile 1 filters. These filters are designed to filter out a higher percentage of particles than factory or other mainstream 3rd party filters. We have been using these filters on both of our cars with Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil ever since. Our cars now have in excess of 130,000 miles with no issues.loudcloud.us is where we list solutions that we have found to work well for us.

Without tearing the filter apart I can say that it seems to be doing its job.

It fit my vehicle and there doesn't seem to be any leaking from a bad seal.

I'm still debating if the advertised quality is worth the cost.

I was told by a personal friend of mine in the auto parts industry that this filter is made by K&N. Not that it is a bad filter, it's ok but the filter tests by different automotive groups has companies like WIX and even some Motorcraft filters rated higher than K&N, as usual marketing got the better of us that are not knowledgeable in these type of things. Mobil makes a pretty good synthetic oil but they are not in the business of making oil filters. Now that I am informed in both motor oils and oil filters, I hope to improve the performance and mileage of my vehicles. Take the time to learn about the different oils and filters, it will make a huge difference in how your vehicle performs and how long it will last. I didn't notice any difference between this filter and the OEM filter that I had before because I have always used synthetic oil for my cars. But then again I don't have the time or the equipment to test out whether one filter is better than others.

When I ran the selection tool on the amazon site to see if this product was compatable with my new 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser it came up and stated it was the correct filter. When I went to change the oil and replace the filter I found out that the filter changed in 2010 from the top of the motor to the bottem of the engine. They alsom went away from the normal oil filter and went to the canister style. This is definately not the filter for a 2010 Toyota FJ cruiser. If you are looking for it you need to get it from a authorized filter or retailer which has the correct filter. You will have to take off the bottem skid plate and remove the housing and then the filter sits in side there. I am sure this filter will work great with other vehicles but do not buy it for the 2010 FJ cruiser. - Mobile One - Oil Filters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information