Friday 9 September 2011

Natural Sunscreen - sunscreen, sun protection


I just returned from a 14 day cruise where I spent hours out in the sun without getting burned. Before I left town, I picked up a bottle of Murad Waterproof Sunblock-SPF30. This sunscreen is the best I have ever tried. It offers maximum protection with a once a day application. This product smells great probably due to the pomegranate antioxidants. It also controls the shine that some other sunscreens often leave behind. It even offers protection against wrinkles! This sunscreen was the first in not causing my skin to breakout with blemishes. Murad Age-Proof Suncare Waterproof Sunblock, SPF 30, 3: Hydrate/Protect, 4.3 fl oz (125 ml)

I have very fair skin that tends to be oily, so it was impossibly to find a good sunscreen. My criteria: SPF 30 (broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection), didn't make me feel greasy, didn't smell like sunscreen, and could be reapplied without getting tacky or sticky. After spending way too much money trying to find "the perfect sunscreen" and always being disappointed, I found this. The price is reasonable, it doesn't smell like sunscreen (you can only smell a hint of it if you sniff really close) but instead like pomegranate, it has UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection, it doesn't feel sticky or greasy, and I can reapply it several times--even on my face--and not feel gross. This sunscreen is a lifesaver, and now I am much less sun-phobic. It has antioxidants in addition to the sunscreen, so in addition to protecting yourself from a sunburn you are also strengthening your skin.

I spend a lot of time outdoors and I burn if I'm not wearing sunscreen. My skin is normal, although a little sensitive, and I'm cautious about what I put on my face since I was very acne-prone as an adolescent. I know that I need to protect my skin, so I've tried a lot of cheap sunscreens that I grab at the drugstore on my way to the beach. I've never been happy with any of them, but just assumed that they all washed off in the ocean and made me feel oily (even the oil-free, waterproof kinds!) But then I borrowed a friend's Murad Waterproof Sunblock earlier this year and I loved it! It left my skin feeling soft and smooth and healthy, not oily! And it smelled great, too! I quickly bought my own, and took it with me on a week long bike tour this past summer. I never burned once! I used it on my entire body and never once did I feel oily or dirty, and it didn't run off my face when I sweat either. My husband loves it too, and it's very hard to get him to put on sunscreen! I'm so happy that I've found this sunblock! I will never have to try another brand again!

Living in the desert SW, it is absolutely NECESSARY to have a great sunscreen. At last I have found it... I never go around with a red peeling nose anymore! Amazing how effective this Murad product really is!

This is not a mate finish sunscreen at all, it is oily and smells like the the cheapest sunblock in the market, the worst thing about it is it does not protect you from the sun using it you get burn and red. So if you are locking for a mate finish sunscreen for your face this is not for you. I would give it one more start if at least it would protect me from the sun, but it is not even good for that. bad sunblock, bad smell, bad finish

I've been using Murad Waterproof sunblock for a few months now and am so happy I decided to invest in it. I am of West African descent, and in the past, have had trouble finding sunscreens that do not leave white, filmy residue, melt into my eyes when in the sun, or alert people to its presence on my skin with its "beachy" scent. I would also still get burned no matter how faithful I was to my skin care routine.



I just wanted a sunblock that worked as well as my face and body creams - no fuss, no muss. This one has more than delivered. My skin has actually benefited from it - it is as smooth and clear as when I use my regular body cream. I also use the Oil-Free Sunblock (SPF 15) on my face and my facial skin has never looked so good in the summer. A word of caution to people of color - beware of the Sheer Tint version because it will leave a tint on your face.



Overall, no oily residue (I have normal-dry skin) or shine, great results and well worth the money. - Sunscreen - Sunblock - Sun Protection - Organic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information