Saturday 17 September 2011

Yoga Accessories - aurorae, yoga mats


As an avid hot power yogi, I, like so many other people have been on a seemingly endless search for a towel that not only stays put and allows me to stay put but is also affordable. I fell into the Yogitoes trap. Everyone had one in my classes so I jumped on the band wagon. It took me weeks of washing it to get it to stop running in the wash (partly my fault for buying the black one, when I knew it would run from reading other peoples reviews, I just thought it would stop)and streaking on my mat where my hands and feet spent the majority of their time. I practice up to four times a week so I was still switching off between it and my regular old beach towel. I knew I wanted another towel, but I was less than thrilled with the results from my Yogitoes and even less thrilled with the price. It was better than the beach towel but it wasn't so great that I wanted 4 more. I searched around, read reviews and found the YogaRat Microfiber towel. At half the price I had to try it. I was so happy with this purchase. No annoying running of the colors, excellent absorbing ability, and even without the Yogitoes nubs, it really doesn't move much AND half the price! If you tend to drag your feet it may come with you a bit, but it is easy enough to fix with your toes while in down dog. Similar to the Yogitoes it works best when you dry it without a dryer sheet. But the material is different. It dries so fast! I always see people in class wetting their Yogitoes and I get it because mine would be slippery until I got some sweat on it, but then once it was more saturated it would get slippery again! So it was a great towel, for 20 minutes of the 90 minute class. With the YogaRat, no need to pre-wet, and no more annoying sliding around. I make it through a 90 minute class no problem and I truly feel that my postures have improved now that I am not sliding towards the end of my practice or constantly slipping forward in something as simple as down dog. I highly recommend this towel to anyone who practices regularly enough to need several towels, and who is looking for a high quality product at a reasonable price. You shouldn't have to be rich to take part in a practice as amazing as yoga. Lululemon and Yogitoes aren't the only game out there. A little extra searching and research goes a long way and was totally worth it for me. I use Amazon reviews whenever I am on the fence about something and I have really come to value the opinion of the Amazon community. I hope this review helps you in your decision making as so many other people's have helped me with mine. Happy Yogging! Yogarat Purple Color 100% Microfiber YOGA TOWEL -- Extra Long At 72". Pair it with one of our mats!

I take 12 Bikram classes a week, so I am really into yoga towels. (I prefer to do laundry once a week.) I have carefully selelcted a large variety. The Yogarat towel performs much better than other towels in its price range, and actually is a close second to the Manduka Equa (which is much more expensive). I use a Manduka Black Mat Pro (the best!) which grips very well with this towel. It does not slip around and I am able to hold my grip in all of the postures. The material is pleasant to the touch compared to some of the sticky microfiber towlels such as the Gaiam. The YogaRat lost 1 star in my rating because the towels are stamped with a rat in the center of the towel with the name "YogaRat" stamped in fairly large print. I find this tacky and distracting. I put that side face down, but the rat is still visible somewhat through the material. It is disappointing feature, as the colors are very nice compared to other towels, and the quality is very high.

If one is not offended by patterns or prints, this towel is a very good value.

I was looking for a good yoga towel to go with my Manduka yoga mat. Someone suggested yogi toes and I bought a couple-for me and my husband. Then I realized I needed more but yogi toes was expensive. Looking for a cheaper alternative, I bought one yogarat towel. Since then, I have bought 5 and would get more when they become available. This towel simply surpasses the yogi toes in terms of having to make adjustments. The size is perfect for a long mat. The towel rarely moves. When it does, since it is light in weight, it is easy to move it with your toes. Sometimes I do that when I am in downward facing dog :-)



I would give this a higher rating any day compared to the overly priced yogi toes. Buy this item once..you will always go back to it.

I love this mat towel, it absorbs excellent. A majority of hot yoga towels are expensive, way overpriced. This towel is the perfect match, plus the price is great. I am going to buy one for my husbands and an extra one for me!!!!! Well worth the money. Thanks Amazon!!

I have been doing Bikram HOT YOGA for about 8 months now and I must say using a proper yoga towel over your standard beach towel makes all the difference. I like the length of the Yogarat towel and the weight of it, much easier to hall around than a beach towel. I've tried out several yoga towels and the only reason I gave this one a 4* is because it does tend to move around on your mat a bit, but I am able to grip my feet on it without any problems otherwise.



Weather you do Bikram or your standard yoga if you get to a point where your yoga mat or towel starts to smell funky (even though you clean them after use) wash them in distilled white vinegar and the odor is gone. i use 1/2 a cup in every load of laundry (just because it keeps the color in clothes longer), but I am sure you could use less. I would definitely recommend this mat and buy it again, you can't beat the price!

On the plus side,it's great just to grab a towel to take to class instead of lugging a mat. On the downside, I have to keep adjusting myself or the towel because I start to slip. With my cheap map on top of the gym's mat, I get a better grip. - Mat - Aurorae - Yoga Mats - Yoga Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information