Thursday 29 September 2011

Battery Cell Phone - motorola cell phone battery, battery


The battery on my Motorola W385 recently died. I headed to the local Verizon store and they offered to upgrade my phone or charge me $40 for a new battery. I really like my phone and didn't want to upgrade, but I certainly wasn't going to pay $40 for a battery.



I did some online research and decided to purchase the battery directly from Amazon. Buying directly from Amazon didn't offer me the cheapest price, but it was less than 1/2 of Verizon's and I felt that Amazon would stand behind the product if it didn't work.



I will admit that, when it arrived, I had my doubts as to the quality of the battery because it was in a tiny clear plastic sleeve with only a barcode on it - not anything resembling a professional retail package. However, it charged right up and has been holding its charge for days at a time.



Fast shipping and a battery that does its job. Thank you Amazon! Motorola Li-Ion Battery for Motorola W385, Z6m, Z6tv, W385, W380 (Black)

We purchased this battery to replace the original one in my son's phone.... because the original battery was only lasting about a day on full charge... when it was new - it could last about a week between charges... Got the "new" battery - it too only lasts about a day... As my son only uses this phone for emergencies - it's not the phone use killing the battery... my guess is I got a "new" 3 year old battery. Unlucky I guess.

I purchased this battery for my W385 Motorola phone because the original battery has been getting old and does not hold charge like it used to. The battery arrived in seemingly new condition, but when I tried to charge the "new" battery, the phone would insist the battery was already fully charged and then die as soon as I removed it from the wall. Even after I left it to charge for several hours, it just died as soon as I unplugged the charger. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING A DEAD BATTERY.

The battery works great, the phone doesn't need charging for days now. The wide price range for this item from other vendors on Amazon was intimidating so I went with the "name brand" vendor- Amazon itself.

When I initially got this battery, I was actually considering returning it. It charged VERY quickly, but then the battery died within just a few hours of use. I actually removed the battery and replaced with my old one until I had time to test it again without worrying about not being able to use my cell phone. The second "trial" ran much more smoothly and the battery seems to be in working order now. It was very strange...

I was actually hesitant to bother purchasing this due to all the negative reviews claiming that it either didn't work, or performed worse than their older batteries. Still, seeing as my old battery only lasted 20 minutes or for 1 text, I figured I really didn't have much to lose, especially when it's at $3.



It arrived in simple packaging (at first I thought it was going to be a letter), which surprised me. When I opened it up and pulled it out, I immediately noticed all the scratches along it; I was not very assured at this point. So I continued along and replaced my old battery with it and set it to charge for the - supposedly - first time.



I waited until it was fully charged before I turned the phone on and began using it. About 2 hours later, it was at half, and at around the 5 hour mark, it was out. Not a good first impression at all, but I figured at the very least, it was doing better than the 20 minutes of my previous one.



So I repeated the procedure in that I waited for the battery to be completely dead, charged it back to full, and then fully drained it another time (doing this twice is the recommended procedure before getting any of these batteries to work at their 100% capacity).



And surprise-surprise! I was quite pleased with the result. After the first two cycles were over with, this battery lasted about 4 days of use before needing another charge. However, it hasn't stayed like that as right now I'm averaging about 2 days. Now, this is nowhere NEAR the capacity of a fresh and truely new battery. However, for a 3 dollar replacement, I can't really expect more. There is a reason why the real new batteries tend to cost 25 to 40 dollars.



I'm giving this -1 star because it really isn't 100% new. I was prepared to give it 3 stars, but I have to admit in that I'm greatly pleased with the results when considering the price.



Finally, If you truely want a new battery, you're going to have shell out more cash. As I said, there is a reason why you'll find them so much more expensive in other places. However, if your old battery is practically worthless and you just want a cheap one until you get a new phone, these batteries definitely deliver. - Bargaincell - Motorola - Battery - Motorola Cell Phone Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information