Thursday 29 September 2011

Swimming Fins


I'm 31yo sort of a semi-pro swimmer and have already tried lot's of different stuff to improve the swim.

I've tried Zoomers, Speedo, Tyr and brazilian brands called Kpaloa and Hammerhead (wich offers the same products of Speedo). They all seemed ok with only minor differences such as size, shape and weight...

Anyway, my first impression of Alphafins was that is was incredibly light and looks cool. The EVA material seems a bit weak and the strap doesn't inspire that much trust. (I must say that I'm not looking for anything "cool". I want it to work!)

After a month using it I can say that I didn't like that much "lightness". It floats too much so it's hard to kick correctly and the feet seems to stay too much on the surface of the water, losing effect and propulsion.

The strap is holding till now. But everytime I put them on I take a LOT of care...

It feels true to size. I bought the Medium and my shoe size is 9 so it fits ok. But there's a issue here. The EVA foam isn't that flexible so due to the intense movement it kind of folds the bottom... Don't know if it's meant to be that way or not...

Also due to the material, I'm taking extra care when doing turns because it feels too fragile to handle sprints turns

Well that's my opinion about it. I'm not sure I would buy it again. I'm hoping it lasts longer than it seems :-\ Aqua Sphere Alphafin Eva Foam Fin (Size- 10-11)

These fins have allowed me to add some interesting challenges to my swim. The foam material has workout pros and cons. Main pro: increased sensory input plus surface position makes me more aware of my knee extension during flutter kick. Main con: also during (prone) flutter kick, the fins tend to keep my feet level on the surface, thus decreasing long-axis rotation. All in all, I'm glad I purchased these and am enjoying the added variety.

These aquafins are the best ever: lightweight so that they don't bother your knees when you dolfin kick and easy to carry around; much better than zoomers too. I love them, don't have a bad word to say about them.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information