Thursday 29 September 2011

Panasonic Plasma - panasonic plasma, 3d


I have a 3 year old 50" Panasonic plasma and decided to go to 60". This TV is actually lighter and thinner. Some things to be aware of before purchase include:



1) My 50" had a recessed area in the back for the cable connections and a low profile wall mount worked great. This 60" TV needs clearance for the cables. I have it about 1 inch away from the wall and the cables are smashed at the connection point.



2) My 50" had a matte screen option that I paid a little extra for and really liked. This 60" screen is a little more glossy. I have it in a room with lots of daylight and there is some reflection. The bezel around the screen is high gloss black with the bottom center fading into a brushed silver to highlight the Panasonic logo. The thing I do notice when the TV is off is a few wavy lines of distortion on the semi glossy screen. This distortion appears to be under the front glass. It has absolutely no effect on the picture when the TV is on.



3) TV came in "Standard" mode which is to dark. I put it on "Custom" and set it how I liked it. "Cinema" mode seems to be OK too.



4) Speakers are adequate but you may be disappointed. I hooked it up to a Panasonic receiver. I also have a Panasonic Blu-ray and run everything (including cable box) with a $30 Logitech 300 remote.



No complaints with Amazon delivery. The tracking said it was shipped by a company called "Home Direct". The truck that showed up said "White Glove Movers". Two friendly guys carried the TV into my living room, unboxed and plugged it in. I filled out the questionnaire and they were on their way.



Overall happy with the TV after a week. Panasonic VIERA TC-P60S30 60-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV

I love this tv! I hooked my computer up to it and use it as a 60 inch monitor. Movies never looked so good. Watching them off the computer is way better because you get true 1080p without the annoying showtime, movie channel, stars/encore logos and advertisements of upcoming shows at the bottom of the screen. Someone needs to knock sense into these cable companies and remind them that when people pay an additional cost for a premium channel there should not be any ads/logos without question. Plus no cable companies currently offer higher than 720p/1080i. I was looking at the 65 inch and thought.. forget it! since it's "64.7" inches diagonal and the 60 inch is "60.1" diagonal. $1000+ more for 4.6 extra inches is barely noticeable, but the hole in your pocket would be. The built in 20watt speakers are better than you would think. It is always better to have surround sound though, but if you can't do it right away you won't be disappointed by the built in speakers. This Panasonic was the most exciting product I've ordered in years! I highly recommend it!

I use my TV for watching sports, and sports related broadcasts, almost exclusively when using cable.

Blu-Ray DVD movies second... and that's about it. I'm not a gamer at all, and gamers may want LED/LCD anyway.

This TV (for an Amazon price around $1300 w/ free shipping... it's $1700 in Best Buy) is an excellent choice, if not the best choice available for my style use. My extensive research of all brands before buying, ultimately lead me to this TV. I actually waited till this TV was in stock, having first read about it before being available. It's a 2011 model, and incorporates all my needs regarding multiple HDMI connectivity, wireless internet connectivity for NetFlix and other access via the Viera Tools easy IPTV functions. It's easy to set-up, and easy to navigate and control. As is the case with all new large flat screen TV's, the speakers are adequate. If you're thinking of a large home theater TV, you'll probably be running a separate home theater system/ amp/receiver speaker system anyway (or at least you should). Although the factory defaults are good, I just found them a little dark for my room lighting, and liking. Get familiar and experiment with the 'picture mode' settings in the main menu options, and explore the different pre-set options; ie: standard (factory setting), cinema, vivid, game, and custom settings. The good news is you can always press the 'reset to defaults' to clear unwanted changes. This is a great set, at a great price. Sports look awesome; incredibly sharp and clear; and Blu-Ray DVD viewing is just friggin' kewl.

I did a lot of research before I bought this TV and Panasonic was rated the best for this type of tv. I was considering buying plasma when I bought my last big screen tv about 7 years ago, but didn't because they had so many problems then and were much more expensive than other big screens. I decided to buy a 52" Sony CRT big screen tv that died after only 3 1/2 years. I hope this one last longer. Panasonic claims 100,000 viewing hours so we'll see. The problems with plasmas have been corrected and they have better blacks etc. In fact the salesmen at the electronics store that we checked out all recommend plasma. The picture is excellent and the best thing about this tv is the option to stream video directly from the web. We have watched 2 movies from Netflix and the viewing experience was excellent and very convenient. No more waiting for movies to be delivered by mail and having to worry about late fees from the video store. The tv was delivered as promised (actually it came early) and in excellent condition with a 30 day return warranty (they will pickup). Couldn't ask for more. Overall, I am very happy with the whole experience and will recommend Amazon to all my friends.

The tc-p60s30 is a very good plasma tv. For me it is a replacement for a 58inch panasonic plasma tv which was struck by lightening. It's only problem is low sound speakers. This is rectified with a surround sound system.

After years of owning a projection 47" set, I made a decision to step it up to the big times. This Panasonic 60" has all that I need to get the most out of my viewing pleasure. The brightness levels are super! Watching sports is like being there in person.



If you are trying to make a decision between an LCD/LED and this plasma set, go for the plasma! There is no motion drag and the crisp images are hard to beat. I do have the HD enhancement with my cable and I am sure it adds to the picture quality.



If you have the viewing area and wall space, you will get the most "bang for you buck" with this Panasonic. - Panasonic Plasma - 3d'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information