Thursday 29 September 2011

Kitchen Scale - mail, kitchen scale


Royal's ds3 scale works great for checking the weight of your outgoing mail and to help you calculate the correct postage with a handy chart. The hold button makes it easy to keep the weight displayed even after you take the package off the scale.



My only real complaint is that the packaging promises you access to updated charts on their website. After countless hours searching for it, and their horrible customer service contact form where I never got a response back I ended up going to the US postal web site and printing out my own form. Too bad Royal can't keep their end of the bargain by posting new rate charts for customers to print out on their web site.



[Update 8/19/09 - Royal has posted the updated postage charts on their website. See comments below for the URL.] Royal DS3 Postal Rate Scale (17012Y)

I have used this product for the past 8 months. This review is for a second one I bought recently for another office. Put the battery in, and read the weight. I use Postal Assistant from the USPS to print the labels for the packages that I weigh. I ship 3 to 4 small packages a week. This keeps me from making mistakes.

I really liked this little scale, until it suddenly stopped working after 3 months. I don't ship a lot of packages so I'd only used it about a dozen times altogether. Tried switching out the batteries with fresh ones and ones from a working flashlight - no luck. It just died.



Checking reviews for other scales by this company I see similar complaints. Too bad, because it was a nice product, while it worked.

If you go to the Royal site you can print a new chart, for some reason I had to go to firefox for the pop up to open, yes I have the pop up blocker off. On other sites I have the same problem with IE7.



You can mail first class with PayPal.



paypal dot c o m then you ad /us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now



This scale has saved me hours I just drop off the package no waiting and I have double checked the weight on the post office scales and they are the same. I love my Royal.



USPS also has a site that allows you to purchase online postage at a discount, if you have questions post a reply and I will answer.

THIS IS A TERRIFIC LITTLE SCALE AND HIGHLY ACCURATE. I HAD ONE THAT WENT ON THE FRITZ AND I LOOKED AT ALL OF THEM TO FIND THE NEXT ONE THAT I'D LIKE. THIS IS EASY TO USE, BUT PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST! I DIDN'T AND THOUGHT IT WAS BROKEN, WHEN IT WAS MY STUPIDITY THAT MADE IT MALFUNCTION. BUT TRULY A GREAT LITTLE SCALE AND A GREAT DEAL. LOVE IT.

I bought this scale at WalMart over four years ago. It was affordable and weighed accurately the whole time I've had it. The 9V battery is still working. My only reason for needing a new scale is that many of my packages weigh more than three pounds. When I get a new scale, I will keep this one for kitchen use. Great product! - Mail - Kitchen Scale - Nutrition - Postal'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information