Saturday 3 September 2011

2 Line Cordless Phones - 2-line cordless phone, bluetooth headset


I've had this phone system for about three weeks and I've been very pleased. I did a lot of research and couldn't seem to find one that met my many requirements: corded, cordless add-ons, speakerphone, hold, easy to program, good quality at both my end and the caller's, answering machine, etc. This phone seems to have it all.



Pros:

- Both corded and cordless performed well.

- Long-lasting charge on the cordless handsets.

- Lots of configuration options.

- Easy to program. No need to memorize menu codes and have the manual handy (like on the Panasonic phones).

- Corded base unit is easy and intuitive to use (and looks nice.

- Can add additional cordless handsets as needed. I added two in addition to the one that comes with the base unit.

- It has speed dial, so for frequently used numbers you only need to push one button instead of always going through the directory.

- Pairs with bluetooth--I paired it with my cell phone. I didn't think I would ever use this feature, but it turns out that it's incredibly handy. If I'm outside and only want to bring a handset with me, it will ring if my cell phone rings--no need to carry around 2 phones!

- Programming the directory in one phone programs them all.

- You can screen incoming phone calls when someone is leaving a message on the answering machine.

- The answering machine lets you choose whether you want only a blinking light to notify you of messages or you can also have an audible sound notification.

- Speakerphone works well.

- Hold button on handsets, too (as well as speakerphone).



Cons:

- Each handset (other than the directory), must be programmed separately. Not a big deal, really, since it's a one-time thing.

- No battery in the base unit for backup power when the power goes out. But you can use it to make and receive calls during a power failure since that part runs off the power in the phone line. However, the cordless phones will not work.

- Since it's new I couldn't find any pricing deals on it. It's a bit pricey, but works great. AT&T DECT 6.0 Digital 2-Line Answering System (86109)

I had to replace a Panasonic two-line (KX-TG6702) that started generating half-second "hits" on calls. It also always had rather-muffled sound. I found out just how muffled when I connected a Sennheiser CC520 Sennheiser Binaural Headset with Xl Ear Cap (CC 550) headset to it. The clarity was startling.



I compared this AT&T phone with the VTECH DS-6151. Both are DECT 6.0, both expandable, both made by the same company (VTECH owns the AT&T brand for phones).



Two notable differences:



AT&T has a corded handset on the base. VTECH lets a cordless handset sit in a cradle on the base.



AT&T handset can accept any headset with a standard 2.5mm jack (in addition to a bluetooth headset).



For me, the ability to use a headset was a major deciding factor. But both seem like fine phones.



Check the user manuals on their websites for the features that really matter to you.



My initial reactions on the AT&T: Very clear sound. Very long range including down two floors and outside the building. Well designed features.Easy menu operation. Large LCD display. Directory accessible on base and all handsets.



So far the only poor design aspects: Can't disable the "ringer off" display when the ringer is turned off on a line. Missed calls are indicated with "XX Missed" in the LCD display. It takes several keystrokes to either clear the message or view all the missed calls to make the message go away.



And I do wish the phone would display the date and time on the LCD while the phone is idle. The Panasonic did, and now I know how used to that I got.



Small items. My initial reactions - very happy with the phone.

I've had this phone for 3 days - it replaced an old Siemens model that gave me endless trouble on spite of several repairs (which Siemens wouldn't do). My first impressions are that this AT&T phone is outstanding. The sound is good, The wireless range seems good. I have four cordless handsets, one three rooms and 50 feet away - it will pair with up to 12 handsets. The displays are very clear and well lit after any button is touched. The good features for my use (compared to my old Siemens) are that all handsets share the same directory so that an update on any handset appears on all - as opposed to having to broadcast updates to each handset. It also has bluetooth and will link to up to two blue tooth devices (e.g., a cell phone and a headset). This means that by leavings one's cell phone near the base station one can answer the cell phone from any handset.



It also has a neat feature that lets one download the phone directory from the cell phone to the base station. The system can accommodate 5 different phone directories - 4 from downloads from different cell phones and one "home." The only negative to this (for my use) is that the only directory into which one can make entries from the base station or handsets is the home one. This means that one has to remember which directory a name is in - or take the time to enter each one by hand into the home directory. My only other minor complaint is that too many button pushes are needed for some actions - for example, 3 to get to a directory other than home - if it weren't for these two minor gripes I would have given it 5 stars. - 2-line Cordless Phone - 2 Line Cordless Phone - Bluetooth Headset - Dect'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information