Thursday 8 September 2011

Aaa Battery - duracell, aaa batteries


I'm pretty used to buying batteries online and finding they had been made long before I ordered them (had some CR123 with experations the next month from another vendor). In at least my case, my batteries from this vendor show a production date of 3/30/10...and I ordered them on April 18th. You can't get any younger batteries (exp is Mar2016). I'll be checking this distrbutor out for the rest of my battery needs. Duracell Coppertop AAA Batteries, 28-Count

If you check out local stores, you will find these are at least a bit below retail sales price for these batteries. Batteries will always be around the same price, but a few dollars off is worth getting them through Amazon!

I got these about three weeks ago, and still haven't used them up yet. So many batteries. Awesome. So far, they've lasted about four times as long in my Canon digital point-and-shoot than my Energizer rechargeables. And they're on track to outperform the regular Energizers in my Xbox controllers. I think I'm a coppertop convert. The price is pretty good, too--probably not the absolute cheapest, but these are real Duracells (not knockoffs) that are far from their expiration date.

Although I'm sure my local fire department will cringe if they read this, I buy these things for our backups for our fire alarms and they last over 4 years! Wow! Now if I buy a knockoff brand, or even Energizer, I can only get 18 months out of them before they start squealing to be replaced. Plus, this 8 battery pack makes it awfully simple to have them around when it comes time to change them, and it's the right number for my house. Love these Duracells! Highly, highly recommend!

I tend to buy batteries based on two prime criteria. First, lithium for units that will have a long down time (since lithium holds its charge well over time, I hate to be surprised by an emergency flashlight that doesn't work); alkaline, for everyday appliances (it doesn't last as long, but the cost benefit ratio is beneficial). Second,I shop for a good price. Duracell alkalines are top of the line batteries that I prefer for all my everyday item, like remotes, clocks, mini-amps, etc. This particular offering is a great price, that I haven't matched anywhere.

Very highly recommended.

Live in foothills. After going through 3 days of no power and new storm coming, looked for D batteries and they were all sold out. Like the convenience of having enough and the price was right at Amazon!

Although I mostly use nimh cells these days for their higher current capacity and their green qualities of not being thrown away, there are things that still need alkaline batteries. Remote controlls can run 2 years on a set (although the eneloop cells are an option). Some flashlights need the 1.5 vs the 1.2 volt difference in alkaline cells and nimh. Also some times you don't have 4 charged up batteries ready to go, so alkaline is the alternative you pay for not keeping a set charged up.



I bought these when I bought my dad a weather station - it had about 5 outdoor devices, all used 2 ea alkaline batteries to run the radio remote weather sensors that transmit to the base station which used 4 AAs for backup if AC fails.



These are fresh date code, healthy cells and fill the bill just fine when you need them. NOTE - in some places where the outdoor equipment was hard to get to (have to climb on roof) I used the L91bp lithium alternative Energizer L91BP-8 Lithium AA Photo Battery (8-Pack) which you get about 8 cells for the price of 20 here, but they last 8 times longer, saving alot of trips to the roof to change the batteries. The down low sensors got alkaline cells instead. It's important to choose the right cell based on intended use, and this is one example. Also I have a temp sensor in the refrigerator that runs on lithium cells due to the low temp - they work fine at freezing temps, and will radio the temp to the weather station which has alarms set if the freezer fails. - Aaa Batteries - Aaa Battery - Duracell - Aaa'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information