Saturday 17 September 2011

Audio Technica - headset, audio technica


Uncomfortable = ridge at the top of headphones (where it bends) becomes distracting and painful after short period of time.

Headphones doesn't cover entire ear, somewhat "housing" ears; it lays on top of your ears, causing them to hurt after long usage.

Sound quality = great. Sony MDRNC7/WHI Noise Canceling on-ear headphones (White)

These headphones are AWESOME for the price, but since there only 40$ there are going to be a few flaws. the sound is excellent however the physical construction is weak. 1- the battery door is pretty loose, 2- the head piece seems very fragile.

I had the older NC6 headphones until the ear pads eventually wore off. That was a great set of headphones. Not nearly as impressed with the new set. Folding and unfolding is a bit cumbersome. Sometimes feels like I'm going to break them.



Biggest issue is feedback when noise canceling is on. Maybe it's because I'm using it with my iPhone, but when I have them plugged in to my iPhone, I get noise feedback intermittently. If I turn off noise canceling, the noise goes away, but then what's the point of having noise canceling headphones if you can't use them?



Assuming that the feedback is related to my iPhone, I wouldn't recommend these headphones to anyone that intends on using them with one.



Finally, audio quality is just ok. Again, I thought my older NC5 headphones sounded better. It just seem like these are a step down in terms of quality than the ones that they replaced.



****************

Update 7/30/2009 - I know what the issue with the feedback is. It's cell phone interference. When I'm on the bus, if someone's cell phone rings, i hear feedback in the headphones with the noise canceling turned on. Don't know if it's a problem with shielding or not, but it's a big issue for me because on a crowded bus, there are always people receiving calls. Very distracting.

****************

Sony MDRNC7/WHI Noise Canceling on-ear headphones (White)These are very good and comfortable for me to use. I have used it on my IPOD while gardening and sometimes before sleeping.



For the price, they are outstanding, and I would recommend them for anyone who wants something that's noise canceling and affordable.

I predominantly use these when I am ridding the mower for my one acre lawn and I find them to be great. Not only does it significantly reduce the noise of the lawn mower, it also allows me to listen to my music without having to blast the music. Great buy and well worth it.

For a relatively inexpensive set, audio performance is better than was expected. I experienced some ear discomfort after extended use. Noise cancellation is not complete in that a TV in the same room could still be heard. With the music volume up, however, the TV was not too intrusive. I do not know if this test is too harsh if they are intended more to reject background hums and drones as in an airplane.

The people that whine about these headphones are ridiculous, the construction of them is amazing, they fold up very nicely into a pouch that comes with the headphones (if you buy them new). The cancellation is very good considering these things only cost $30!!!!!!



Sound quality is outstanding and the cancellation isn't brilliant but it definitely cancels out most direct noise around you. I bought these for traveling and for my office, I work in radio and have used thousands of headphones all good and bad. But these were nice cheap buy that I was going to use for my home and ended up bringing them into the office with me.



People who hate on these headphones are ridiculous. I don't understand how the flat surface pillow like material that cover your ears could possibly ever hurt. If anything they are too comfortable.



They're certainly not Bose, they're $30 Sony Headphones and are a fantastic buy considering the price. And very good value for your buy, a Sony quality product with cancellation technology.

Great cost performance.

Since it does not cost $100~$300, it is easier to carry around and handle.

I tried in the airplane. It will not give you a silent condition as high end product will.

But gave me a comfortable flight. Especially when I was watching the on flight movies. - Earphones - Headset - Audio Technica - Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information