Friday 9 September 2011

Blackberry Bold - blackberry bold, bold 9700


This case is worth every penny you will spend on it. It does fit the Blackberry 9700 just like a glove. It is not bulky and it still allows you to carry your phone in the leather blackberry case that it came with. OtterBox Commuter Case for BlackBerry Bold 9700

I've been pretty satisfied with the Otter Box Blackberry case. I've had other cases that snap together, but they always seem to break after a drop. This case fits around the Blackberry and has survived all of my drops. I was most concerned about the rubber/hard plastic combination of the Otter Box and how well it would slide in and out of my pocket. So far, I haven't had any issues. Overall it seems to be a pretty good case for my Blackberry 9700.

I really like this case. It feels great in your hand and have great protection for your phone. Most important of all, it doesn't make your phone look much bigger. This is my second Otterbox case. I think they made lots of improvement already.

I can't say greater things about the Otterbox Commuter Case then what has already been said in other reviews. The one thing we were all missing is a holster. I can carry my iPhone in my pocket, but for some reason, I need a holster with Blackberrys =). Another reviewer (thanks Troy - crackberry_com) had mentioned that the Otterbox Commuter Case worked well with the Seidio Innocase Lock Holster for BlackBerry Bold 9700. I can confirm these statements. It's almost as the Seidio Innocase Lock Holster for BlackBerry Bold 9700 was designed with the Otterbox Commuter Case in mind. It fits perfectly.



With both the Otterbox Commuter Case and the Seidio Innocase Lock Holster for BlackBerry Bold 9700, I can access my mini-usb for charging, my headphone jack, volume rocker, my "special" buttons on the left and right and the lock and stand-by button at the top. Plus with the Otterbox Commuter Case, I can record video and takes pictures. The locking mech. works great with the case too. Nothing but good things to say about this combo.



UPDATE:

So, I've been using this setup now for like 2.5 months and it rocks. I still stand behind my purchase and review. I also read bad review for the screen protector not fitting right or not working right because of how the 9700's screen kinda drops at the sides but, I took my time and put it on and it looks great still, no air bubbles, nothing. Maybe they updated their screen protector when I purchase MARCH 2010 who know. But so far so good. The Bold 9700 also has not disappointed and I'm loving that tether app.



UPDATE: It now been 8 months as of 11/27/10 and can't complain. Otterbox Case and Seidio Holster combo still working nicely together. I've had no issue with either.

Let me start off by saying that the case fits really well on the phone. I took a few leaps of faith and dropped the phone a couple of times from about 3 feet to test it, and the case holds up pretty well. No complaints at all about the protection that it provides. A few people here were commenting about the quality of the screen protector, but I happen to love it. If you're careful enough then it will fit perfectly with very little to no air bubbles. The case even looks great on the phone. In my opinion it grips really well to your hand when you're using the phone. Even though the shell is hard plastic, I never had any problems with the phone slipping from my hands while I was holding it.

My only gripe is that although this case is indeed slimmer than the vast majority of protection cases, it wasn't as slim as I was hoping it would be. One of the reasons I purchased the case to begin with was based on one of the reviews listed here in regards to the phone fitting inside the leather case that comes with the Blackberry Bold 9700. Although the phone with the Otterbox case does fit inside the leather case, it is a far from ideal fit in my opinion. The magnetic clips on the leather case hardly stick together when using this case, and it fits too tightly in the case. When you see it in the case it becomes apparent that the nylon sides of the leather blackberry case will stretch over time, making it problematic to use in the future should you decide to no longer use this case. Looks like I won't be using my leather case after all.

Although it won't fit securely in your leather case, the Otterbox Commuter case with the phone should fit inside your pants pocket just fine (depending on how your pants fit to begin with; I personally wear boot cut or loose fit when it comes to jeans and the phone w/case fits fine in my front pocket). All in all, I would say 4.5 stars. It might be asking a bit much, but the fact that it didn't fit inside my leather case was a bit of a letdown for me.

I have had my otterbox commuter case for about a month now and it has proven to be exactly what I was looking for. It offers great shock and scratch protection on the back and sides thanks to the dual layer system. This dual layer arrangement also makes it much easier to slide the blackberry into and out of one's pocket, which is something that cannot be said about a single layer silicone sleeve (I had one on my previous blackberry so trust me when I say it is a pain to deal with).



Otterbox does include a screen protector as well. I had already purchased one by ZAGG prior to purchasing my case so I cannot offer any comment there.



Overall I am extremely happy with my choice. This was my first otterbox purchase, and I am sure it will not be my last.

The actual Otter Box case that surrounds the phone is great! I took out the clear keyboard screen cover because it makes typing a little difficult and holds in alot of dirt and moisture that slips passed the track pad opening. But the hardcase surrounded by the rubber impact case works for accidental drops and even survived being run over my a full size Front End Loader in a dirt pile.



My only complaint is that the Otter Box holster does not hold the phone well if you are on the move or running. If the phone gets bumped and slips from the side clamps, it is going to fall out...hence the Front End Loader running it over. I have almost lost the phone 3 times because it slipped from the holster without me even knowing it! My kids come up and give me a hug, and the phone usually ends up on the ground.



Overall, I love the case, but wish the holster had some sort of strap or device to keep it from slipping out of the holster so easily. - Bold 9700 - Case - Blackberry Bold - 9700'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information