Wednesday 7 September 2011

carbon monoxide alarm - carbon monoxide alarm, carbon monoxide detectors


We bought this CO Alarm after we had a CO incident. Our neighbor is a fire fighter and recommended a unit with a digital display.



This unit was out of the box and in use in about 5 minutes.



All Kidde CO Alarms are UL Listed and other brands are not. Google "UL Listing" to find out more about this established testing lab. Some states mandate consumers have UL Listed smoke and CO Alarms. Retailers can sell non-UL Listed products so watch your state codes or you may be liable. Kidde KN-COPP-B-LS Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Battery Operated with Digital Display

My gas furnace is over 20 years old. Still works fine but I was advised to make sure I had CO monitors. My furnace guy specifically recommended Nighthawk as the most accurate.He said they were more expensive but much more reliable and estimated cost at $40-$70. I looked at a couple of the "big box" stores and he was right. I typically hear about things other places, great recommendations and reviews on TV shpows, magazines etc. and then I check the price at Amazon. 98% of the time Amazon has a significantly better price plus lots more info and feedback that allows me to make an informed decision. Same here...this product was well reviewed and price could not be matched anywhere else. East setup for this product, loud but not annoying alarm, digital readout that I just glance at to know we're A-OK. Like the title says "Peace of mind".

Purchased for $28 at Home Depot.



Curious how long batteries last - it does have a "Lb" indicator though, like it's big brother ac powered model.



Just put it on a desk or dresser and you're ready to go.

This is easy to read, works as claims, and has a long battery life w/ a standard battery. The battery means it doesn't have to be near an outlet, which helps if you live in an old building. Of course it helps the environment to use rechargeable batteries.

This Carbon Monoxide detector has been extremely useful. It is accurate down to the nearest part per million and the digital display is great. It will quickly tell you the highest level it has reached. It takes 3 AA batteries. I kind of wish it had an A/C plug in, but without it, it's easy to put anywhere you want. I found that resetting it is very noisy, It's easier to take a battery out and put it back in to reset it quietly. I am very satisfied with the product. Best bang for your buck.



-Brian

I bought this unit to assist in determining if I had a CO issue on my boat - it did the job and saved me paying marine technician fees to assess the issue. It is easy to read, backlit for low light areas and holds both the peak value and shows current CO levels.



Excellent unit for the price - no complaints at all!

I purchased two of these to place in places that may have a carbon monoxide present, so far no sound from the units but they test OK. They were easy mount and don't look like something that is just added on. A good product. - Carbon Monoxide Detectors - Carbon Monoxide Alarm'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information