Friday 16 September 2011

Carrying Case For Garmin Nuvi - gps carrying case, garmin nuvi case


I ordered this case for my Garmin and other accessories. I was truly suprised by the quality. The case is 12 inches long by 8 inches wide (I measured). It is a little larger than expected, but I am glad because all of the stuff that goes with my GPS fits just fine. It's nice to have extra room. It is made of some kind of reinforced nylon material. The description says it is a "hard case". Most think of a metal or plastic reinforced case like you would put musical instruments in. This IS NOT that type of case. It does have some give to it. If you were to push hard enough on it you can dent it and it will pop back out again. I think it can take a good beating before anything inside gets damaged. I just wanted a durable cash to put my GPS and other stuff in while I travel. This case does the trick. It's small enough to fit inside a carry-on bag or a back pack. The three small pouches you see in the photo have velcro on the back so they stick inside the case without falling out. The pocket also has velco and by pushing on the mesh pocket it "seals" to the grey velvet-liek lining for a secure fit. My GPS, all of the accessories, a camera, and a few other do-dads fit inside just fine. I like it because it has that "grab and go" type feel to it without feeling clunky or annoying to carry around. It has a durable zipper to close the case and it also comes with a handy wrist strap you can attch outside (maybe hook on another bag or over your carry-on? I haven't put it on though because I just carry it and put it in my car (fits easily under the seat or in the glove box) or pack it away. I give this product five stars, plus I think it is very well priced. I have seen similar products priced twice as much and passed them up. Yup, I'm cheap, but this product isn't. Give it a try. If you don't use it for GPS you can at least use it for a small camera, cell phones, or travel kits. Premium Hard Shell Travel Case for Select Garmin Nuvi GPS Navigators - to hold unit, adapters, memory cards and other accessories

I originally purchased a differant GPS charger & case combo from Accessory Genie. When it arrived I noticed that all of the items that came with my Gramin Nuvi 760 would not fit in the case. As a result I left a low review rating. Shortly thereafter I received a call from Alexander Rocha a customer Service Rep with Accessory Genie. He wanted to know what they could do to make me happy. He advised me that they have a larger GPS XL case and would be happy to email me a postage paid return label to send my original purchase back to them. Upon receiving my return they would send the new larger case prepaid. I received the new XL case and it is perfect. Everything fits in the case with room to spare, even two separate dash mounts. Although the case is not a true "Hard Shell Case" it is stiff enough to offer good protection. Accessory Genie went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. Way to go Alexander. Thank you!

Don't be fooled. This case is NOT a hard shell as stated. At best it is reinforced nylon. It is easily crushed and at it's most "rigid" points I can easily compress the case with my thumb and index finger! The interior design is adequate for the purpose however the pictures show three interior cases which, indeed are there, each with a velcro attachment but there is only room for the two larger cases. The third smaller case is left to float freely! The case is a nice concept but that concept has not yet reached fruition! I was expecting a hard case and did not get that. If you are indeed looking for a hard case - keep looking...

The case contains my Garmin 1490T and all the accessories. The velcro "mini" bags on the inside let me compartmentalize my cables, suction cups and brackets for the windshield. The mesh divider also allows for several pages of the manual to be folded and carried with the GPS.

Very good hard shell case. Had just enough room to hold all of my gps gadgets which included the gps in its' own case, the owners manual, the windshield mount, three different power and battery charging cords and a couple of spare parts. It's getting full, but whenever I hit the highway, I grab the hard case and I'm off, knowing that nothing got left behind or in another vehicle.

The sturdiness of this case is just right, not to hard & not to soft. My husband an OTR driver uses it to house his GPS unit and cords. He uses the GPS in both his personal and work vehicle (tractor trailer) and the travel case to store & carry it to and from work and both vehicles each week. The only thing his wishes it had was a longer strap in addition to the carring handle. Since his hands are normally full when he's transferring his belongings from one vehicle to another.

Great little "big" bag for my Garmin - it fits everything in 1 place. Only thing - is it would be nice to have a handle. Right now it has a camera-like string.



Would recommend it to others who want a one-stop place for all their accessories. - Garmin Nuvi Case - Case - Garmin Case - Gps Carrying Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information