Monday 19 September 2011

Carrying Case - transfer cable, easy transfer cable


Well one day my XP laptop failed to boot up properly. I could only get it to boot up in "Safe Mode". I spent many hours trying to resolve the boot-up problem, but ultimately I was not successful. I was going to have to re-install Windows. But first, I had to get my important files off of the laptop! (Of course, I did not have a recent backup.)



The problem is that in Safe Mode, I could not get files off of my laptop and onto some other storage device. USB flash drives did not work. Burning CD's did not work. Networking did not work. Ugh.



Then I stumbled upon this Targus cable in a store and decided to give it a try. I had access to a borrowed Vista laptop. So I plugged the fat end of the cable into the working Vista machine, and the skinny end of the cable into my XP machine running in Safe Mode. And, lo and behold, the EasySuite software popped up on both laptops and I had an effortless way to copy files from the XP to the Vista machine. After so many hours of trying things that did not work, it was a delight to be able to use this product, which worked for me despite my XP laptop being in Safe Mode. It almost seemed too easy, but I'm glad it worked! Targus ACC96US High-Speed File Transfer Cable (Gray) - Usb - Easy Transfer Cable - Transfer Cable - Targus'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information