Monday 26 September 2011

Cell Phone Charger - motorola droid, a855


My order was filled by The OEM Planet. I was hoping for a charger like the one pictured with a longer cord than the one that came with my Droid 2, but what I received was EXACTLY like the charger that came with my phone. It has a 39" USB cord that can also be used to connect my phone to a computer and the cord plugs into the power unit which has a USB outlet with the standard 5.1v output.



I just wanted a longer cord because the 39" cord is a bit short for using my phone while charging. The Motorola chargers I have previously owned like the one pictured usually have a 5 or 6 foot cord.



Still, the charger I received IS Motorola brand with the holographic Motorola sticker and works perfetly with my phone. Hard to complain about an authentic charger that was almost free, so that's why it gets 5 stars.



If anyone receives one like the one pictured with the longer, permanently-attached cord, please let me know which vendor you received it from in the comments. As cheap as these are, I'll order another and keep this one for a spare.



--------------------------------

UPDATE - April 9, 2011: ***HOORAY*** I'm putting this update above the other ones because today I received THE EXACT ITEM listed on this page from The OEM Shop. It is exactly as pictured, it has a cord that is about six feet long, and it works great on my Droid 2. It's a Motorola product with what seems to be all the proper markings and a holographic Motorola sticker. I'm so happy to finally get what I ordered that I just ordered two more from The OEM Shop. The kids visit the grandparents' houses a lot, so it'll be handy to have chargers there. With the way the Droid 2 hogs battery power, we need chargers in as many locations as we can get.



I don't know if it matters to anyone, but the return address on the shipping envelope said the shipper was "OEM For Cheap" rather than "The OEM Shop". Personally, I don't care what they call themselves as long as they're shipping the correct product, but I thought I'd mention it.



--------------------------------

UPDATE - April 1, 2011: ***CAUTION*** I ordered another one of these and figured I'd try a different vendor. This time the order was filled by CrazyOnDigital. I figured that maybe I'd get the product that the listing describes this time or, worst case, end up with another Motorola OEM charger like the first one I received. Unfortunately, I was wrong. CrazyOnDigital sent a basic, generic charger that doesn't even show the Country of Origin, let alone the manufacturer. DEFINITELY NOT MOTOROLA. I have emailed them to see if they possibly just made a mistake and accidentally sent the wrong charger, so I will update again when I get a reply. Until then, beware of buying this item from CrazyOnDigital. I guess I'll try another vendor today. I'm glad these are so cheap...

---------------------------------

UPDATE - April 4, 2011: CrazyOnDigital answered my email. Here's their reply:



"This is a generic OEM charger, we do not sell original authentic brands. Thanks."



No refund offered, but they continue to sell this generic charger on a page that specifies the product is a genuine Motorola charger. ***AVOID THIS SELLER FOR THIS ITEM*** CrazyOnDigital is selling unbranded garbage.

---------------------------------

UPDATE - April 7, 2011: After another email to CrazyOnDigital requesting a refund for the generic item they sent, they issued a full refund, including shipping charges. I appreciate that, but they have not (as of today) pulled their listing for this item. Just be aware that if you buy this charger from them, apparently it will not be a Motorola product. Motorola Droid X MB810 Droid 2 A955 Atrix 4G MB860 DEFY MB525 Droid Pro XT610 A957 BRAVO MB520 Cliq MB200 DROID 2 Global MILESTONE XT720 Barrage V860 OEM Cell Phone Micro USB Travel / Home Wall AC Charger SPN5334A/SPN5334 / SPN5528A / SPN5528

Motorola phones are notorious for being finicky about what charger they work with. From simply not working to making the phone go nuts, buying the wrong cord can be an extremely frustrating experience. This one, however, works well with not only my Droid but also with my girlfriend's Samsung.



If you're looking for a plug-in charger that is somewhat versatile, or barring that, simply works with your Droid then this is the one to get.

Fits the first generation Droid phone by Motorola and sold through Verizon Wireless. It works perfectly and has a longer cord than the original charger that the phone came with. It is not, however, a USB connector type. Great as a back-up charger!

I ordered one charger and I actually received 3 chargers, all identical. However, two of the three did not work and one did work. Here was the problem. The one that did work would not allow me to use my phone when it was charging. Secondly, after two weeks, it stopped working all together. These are of very poor quality and I do not recommend this product even if one were to use it sparingly. - Droid X - A855 - Motorola Droid - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information