Wednesday 28 September 2011

Chlorine Free - chlorine free, environmentally friendly


I started using these when my son was an infant, and I loved them. They were perfectly natural and safe for my baby. One day I ordered these from Amazon and noticed that the company had added sodium benzoate, a preservative that is now be suspected of causing Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, although not confirmed. I don't like to use things with this preservative, so I had to discontinue using these wipes. I switched to Tushies Unscented wipes. They aren't as thick, but they are more natural than these. Check it out on [...].

I use bladder pads at night to save multiple, painful trips to the restroom. Due to severe arthrtis in my arms/hands I am not always able to bathe using soap & water in the morning when I first get up. Not only are these no fragrance wipes the best I've found to cleanse my skin resulting in no residual odor, they are also gentle to my skin and leave no residue. The size is more than adequate for the job and the price very affordable.

A couple months ago we noticed that the wipes we were getting through our subscribe and save were in different packaging, smaller, fewer and possibly drier. We have since switched to ordering Natural Value Baby Wipes through our local COOP (bulk with a discount). The math works out to a little cheaper than the 7th Gen and the wipes are larger and have just the right amount of all natural wipe soap for either regular use or use from our wipe warmer. (For those who care, the soap in the wipes in the natural value brand is more natural than any other "natural" wipe--including 7th Gen--as far as we could tell). As of our switch we didn't see any good bulk deals on Amazon, but since 7th Gen made their strange changes, now might be the time for a Natural Value supplier to take advantage of the opportunity! We do still use 7th Gen's DIAPERS. Still haven't found anything that can beat them--especially on the subscribe and save deal...

I have been buying Seventh Generation products for over 5 years now and when my first child developed a bad diaper rash on her bottom, I switched to Seventh Generation diapers and never turned back. So at that point I started using these wipes and they are great. I like that they are thick and you don't feel like your hands get all dirty when cleaning a messy diaper because you don't feel like anything has soaked thru the wipe. They are soft but durable and absorbant or tough enough to clean a messy bottom without going through more than 3 wipes. I had trouble with the plastic dispenser box since the wipes never would stay coming out or the lid would not always stay closed and the wipes would dry out so I jsut started using the wipes out of the refill bag. The wipes would sometimes start to get mildew inside the packs though when the pack was not finished quickly after being opened. I reported this to Seventh Generation and because it is a naturally product without chlorine this happens but they were super and sent me some replacement coupons.

At 8 months, my baby's skin suddenly started reacting to every single product and diaper, even those I had used before. Needless to say I started frantically looking for replacement products. These nicely hefty wipes work great, and I've started using their diapers too (thank god, I had to use cloth diapers for a while!), and their detergents to wash our clothes. I feel good using the products too, they're earth-friendly.

I use these wipes because my daughter was reacting badly to commercial wipes. She tolerates these so I will continue to use them but they are very thin and not nearly moist enough to get all the poop off without using many more wipes. I hope to find an alternative.

As a new mom I purchased these first but they are a bit flimsy.

I now use the Natural Choice wipes from Sams and have been better satisfied with the quality and price. So far my son who is 4 months seems to have liked them fine.

I have a several problems with these wipes:



1) They are NOT unscented as advertised! They are in fact heavily scented, very similar to a cheap generic brand- not a pleasant smell either.



2) They are thin.



3) The dimensions of each individual wipe are too small, giving poor coverage when wiping.



4) They are not quilted.



We normally use Kirkland wipes and like them quite a bit, however, since I prefer to use 'greener' products, I thought it would be nice to try Seventh Generation wipes on Subscribe and Save.



The fact is, these wipes smell unnatural and I need to use more of them due to the texture and dimension of them. My son also has a rash now that hasn't gone away. I am in no way certain that it had to do with the wipes alone, but I do think they have added to the problem. We don't get a lot of rashes around here.



Kelly

Mom of three kids '5 and under' - Wipes - Chlorine Free - Natural Baby - Environmentally Friendly'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information