Monday 19 September 2011

Cordless Screwdriver


This drill is a great value for someone who uses it twice a month or less.

I found this locally for about $20. It has great features for the price: cordless, 2-speed (325/650rpm), reversing (to drive screws) and a keyless chuck. The quality is quite good, considering the price. It's well balanced, and seems to have a good amount of power. It's stated capacity is a 1/2" in wood, and 3/8" in steel. The battery pack is built inside. It uses 4/5 sub-C ni-cd cells. The shelf life of rechargeables is about

3 months, so you will need to charge it occassionally. Black & Decker 9099KC 7.2-Volt Cordless Drill with Keyless Chuck

Good buy. Does not come with bits and drill heads. Luckily I had a set from my old drill.

I did find this one cheaper in Walmart later, but oh well.

I built all the furniture in my new apartment with this guy. Thank goodness I had it.

Powerful enough for the job w/o being too heavy to lug around. Charges just fine.

I received this BLACK & DECKER 7.2-VOLT CORDLESS DRILL for Christmas. I've been looking for a cordless drill for about nine months and had been looking at drills that were a bit larger and more powerful. However, even though this drill isn't quite what I was looking for, it's an exceptional drill. It has two speeds (325 & 650 rpm), can go in reverse, and the chuck is keyless. It's a very easy drill to use and is fairly light weight. The battery pack is built inside the drill and in order to charge it, you have to plug the charger into a socket on the drill. I've used this drill several times since receiving it and have not had any problems. In fact, the only criticism I have is that the drill doesn't include any drill bits or heads; you have to purchase a set of drill bits and heads separately. Overall, this is a great drill for someone who is a novice to beginning home repair type person. It'll also do a job for more experience handymen who are in the pinch.

Having worked in the construction trades for many years, I have a variety of professional quality corded and cordless drills, but my six year old wanted a "real" drill of his own. I found one of these on sale for under 20 bucks a couple of years ago and figured that for the price, I wouldn't be too bothered if he ruined it. It was perfect for him to use for drilling holes in scrap lumber as he learned to use tools, clamp down his work, wear appropriate safety gear, and become comfortable in the workshop.



I was impressed enough that I bought two more for my students to use for technology and engineering projects in the middle school science classroom (popsicle stick bridges, mousetrap cars), and then I bought one more to keep handy at the bench where I do electronics and hobby projects.



Frankly, it is a far better drill than I had expected for the price. In repetitive use, it comfortably drilled 20 consecutive 1/4 holes in a slab of 4/4 oak. The slower speed on the two speed trigger works nicely for driving screws or drilling up to 1/8" holes through aluminum bar stock and brass. It will effectively work for slow speed grinding and sanding with "dremel" type attachments in a pinch, although obviously the Dremel tool is much better for this.



The drills in my classroom get continuous use for a few days and then get packed away until the next project. The ones at home will get intensive use over a weekend and then will go for several weeks without being used at all. Surprisingly, I generally find that the batteries retain plenty of power for a casual hole or three even when put up without getting a full charge first.



Tip: To keep the drill handy at my workbench, I cut the top and bottom ends out of a tomato paste can and screwed it to the apron on one end of the bench. The chuck drops perfectly into the can and leaves the drill ready to hand when needed and well out of the way otherwise.



Remember that if you allow your kids to use power tools, be sure they ALWAYS wear safety glasses and hearing protection.

This drill does as advertised. It is very light weight, yet packs enough power for most household work. I am amazed at how long it works on a single charge. I like the fact that the batteries are built-in and don't have to be removed/replaced for charging. For the price, I highly recommend it for typical household drilling.

Nice drill for light to medium duty. Great for occasional household or apartment use. Good torque -- two speeds forward and reverse. Don't expect to be able to add an addition on your house with it (even though it does drive 4" screws). It's handy for hanging curtain rods, blinds, pictures and even hanging doors. There are no accessories or case included. It comes with a charger and built-in battery (non-replaceable). Even if the battery and drill last for only a couple years, it's still well worth the money.

Never a concern with B&D, this is a great drill with ONE fualt, it will fall over when in an upright position. (NO BALANCE) For the price, go for it, just watch were you set it, it will fall over...I am also going to write B&D about this problem..

I ordered this tool for lightweight jobs around the house. 7V is plenty of power for drilling holes and setting smaller screws. It's very lightweight with two speeds. The one complaint I have and it's no big thing in that it won't stand up straight on it's battery. I just have to get used to laying it down. I would recommend this tool to anyone requiring a lightweight cheap drill ($20). Packaging was excellent and delivery was very quick. I am a frequent Amazon customer.

farmer1ron'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information