Thursday 15 September 2011

Crankbait - crankbait, fishing


The Rapala floater minnow is perhaps the best topwater lure available to catch a wide variety of fish. I have used it to catch bass, northern, and walleye. It has a smooth finish with two treble hooks that are incredibly sharp. The lower "jaw" defector causes the minnow to wobble side to side in a motion fish cannot ignore. Reeled in slowly, the lure stays on top of the water and slowly wiggles itself back to the boat. Reeled in fast, the lure will go slightly underwater and wiggle vigorously. I prefere an alternating twitching and slow retrieve to catch fish. I tie monofilament directly to the nose of the lure (no snap), cast it out, and retrieve. Srikes will be noisy and violent! It will catch fish! Unfortunately, it will attract and hook northern pike, and with their sharp teeth, expect to lose a few of these to a broken severed line. Walleyes can be caught usually by trolling shallow waters after dark. This is a quality lure by a trusted lure manufacturer, and is reasonably priced. Have several of different colors and sizes in your tackle box for the most versitility.



konedog Rapala Original Floater 07 Fishing Lures (Bleeding Olive Flash, Size- 2.75)

Once again this little baby brought in the fish. They seem to just gyrate to this lure and it is a small amount to pay for such a good investment. Love this lure, so do the fish. Since I received it over a week and a half ago I have caught a good many fish. I love the results.

I am relatively new to using this type of lure. I recently moved to a different area, and am trying to change my fishing style to match the new techniques required.



I seem to have the best results with a medium reel rate. Takes some good speed to get it to sink, and it resurfaces rather quick afterward. Its obviously great in shallow water or for fish striking the surface.



I have managed to catch some nice bass, a few big ones, along with the occasional smaller random fish.



This is a great lure, relatively lightweight though, which impacts my casting until I get it dialed in for a lure of this weight.



Great lure to add to your box.

I have fished these with a slow steady retrieve, and twitch, and have always gotten results. I have found the silver to be the most productive. I just got back into fishing put one of these old favorites on and pulled in 10 bass, with two being 20, and 17 inches each. Can't go wrong.

I guess I just didn't know the size but this was way smaller than I was expecting, maybe only 2 inches long. I was expecting it to be much bigger. It seems well made and looks like the picture. I can't speak to the fishing results since I was going for bigger stuff.

I've used the rainbow trout version of this lure a few times now, and of course it's built well like all Rapala hard-body lures. I've had no luck so far fishing with it in Illinois, probably in large part because there aren't enough rainbow trout here for the game fish to recognize a lure that's supposed to resemble one of their fry. In Wisconsin, on the other hand, in lakes where trout are not unheard-of, I caught decent-sized smallmouth bass with it. So as with all artificial lures, yoru luck will vary depending on how and where you use it. - Fishing - Fishing Lures Fresh Water - Crankbait - Rapala'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information