Tuesday 20 September 2011

Dell 90 Watt Ac Adapter - dell inspiron, e1505


I suppose you get what you pay for. I bought this thinking it was a steal, but in fact Dell won't let it charge my E1705 Inspiron battery. Not sure if that's Dell's fault or the amperage, but keep this in mind if you want to buy this unit. It's not a suitable replacement for the Dell version of this, which apparently is also unreliable and costly. brand new AC Power Adapter for use with Dell Inspiron E1405, E1505, E1705 Series Laptop

First I will have to say the product works just fine so far, shipping was a couple days slower then anticipated, my problem is with the photo in the original ad. It clearly shows all 3 components of the adapter, the power cord the adapter itself and the cord going to computer, all I recieved was the adapter and cord to computer. I do know by research it is the computer cord part that goes bad on these units, but what if I had needed the powr cord section too.

I will call genuine adapters and tell them they should change photo or at least give you description of what you will recieve, as this is quite misleading

This is a revised review, the unit quit working 2 days after I recieved it, it does not charge it only goes to ac power, when I emailed company was told to send it back, I said send me another to try and I would return the old one in the new ones box. This was not acceptable to them, they wanted me to foot the cost of the shipping for there POS part, what crappy customer service, I feel they buy these by the truckload and sell them, if they work good if not to damn bad for us consumers

This is the 3rd time my adapter has broken. The part that plugs into the laptop keeps falling out or breaking off. The first replacement I got was from Dell, it didn't cost me anything because I was still under the 1-year warranty, but it always gave me an error message when I plugged it in. That is it would say that the adapter was not recognised and it could slow down my system performace. Anyway, I lived with it because it seemed to work fine anyway. However 8 months later, the metal fitting broke again! A replacement through Dell I learnt cost $80. This was a cheaper AND better alternative because not only does it work but I no longer get the error message when I plug it into my laptop. It's been a month and still going strong.



UPDATE: Although product worked well a month out, about three months later, the plastic casing started coming off, exposing the metal wire underneath. It broke at the point where the wire meets the metal adapter that is plugged into the laptop. Very dangerous situation. I had to have the adapter replaced yet again. Why can't anyone seem to make a decent plug for these things?!?!

I ALMOST didn't order this item because of the negative reviews. However, I was in a pinch and needed the item the next day or I wasn't going to be able to use my Dell laptop. I crossed my fingers and ordered...



This item is great at a price that can't be beat! I have no idea what the other negative reviewers are talking about. I took it out of the box, plugged it in and it started charging my laptop immediately. Performance wise it's as good as the original Dell charger. The only difference it that it's a little lighter in weight and doesn't say "Dell", although the labels are identicle except for the word "Dell". It does NOT come with the elastic strap to wrap up the cord like the original, but that's removable so just swap it out! In short, great item and don't be afraid to order.



************************************* Update 2/17/2011 **************************************************************************************************

This product stopped working completely. It was a five star product until it stopped working in less than one year... I'm going to order another charger (different from this one) from Amazon that will also work with my laptop and will update in a few days.

My original Dell power supply for my Inspiron E1505 model failed me after about four years, so I got this as a replacement. I've used this for three months.



Pluses:

1. The power supply does allow my laptop to take a charge.

2. It's inexpensive even with boosted shipping price.



Cons:

1. The cord is not as long as the original, but I find 9 feet to be enough normally.

2. Mine had no strap, so that was a bit misleading from the picture.

3. The cord wears off quickly and exposes wire. It did this on the detachable outlet-plug end for mine on both sides. Some electrical tape may be in order.



Overall, it was worth the purchase for me for the price. Given the other reviews, my guess is penny-pinching quality control. There may be issues charging with other models. If yours isn't working well, bother the seller.

Within a couple of weeks of regular use, this replacement AC adapter was falling apart; a month in, it was making scary explosive sounds and burning when I plugged it in. The power cable part from the wall is not made to wrap around the adapter, as the Dell original product design calls for. As a result, the plastic broke exposing the copper wire, which became frayed and torn. I can only hope that it has not damaged my laptop while I wait for an original Dell replacement to arrive. This product should be dropped from Amazon's catalogue, I would never buy anything from this manufacturer again and highly recommend against purchasing this charger. - Dell 90 Watt Ac Adapter - E1505 - Dell Replacement Ac Adapter - Dell Inspiron'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information