Sunday 4 September 2011

Dewalt Narrow Gauge Stapler - dewalt, finish staplers


I picked this tool up about a year and a half ago for about half price on Amazon. Lets be up front, my review is based on a 68.00 investment. I use the tool only occasionally and it has worked perfectly every time. The tool has no sharp edges to mess up your finish work, the weight is light enough, depth of drive is easily adjusted with a push button, the magazine opens easily and smoothly and you can view the last of the staples as you finish a strip. I wish it had a stop to let you know when you are out of staple though. Mine also came with a good quality carry case. DEWALT D51422K 1-1/2-Inch X 1/4-Inch 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler

I purchased this item from Amazon and paid far less than anything from the Big box stores. The stapler came in a very nice case with all the stadard parts...it has preformed flawlessly and exceeded my expetations. After I purchased this Amazon dropped the price 10.00 more dollars which they quickly credited back what a deal. Dewalt makes great air tools I will definetly try them again.

The tool is solid and performs well in limited situations. Its narrow staple works well for attaching wood and other stiff materials to wood. I found it ill suited for attaching felt to wood. I'm not disappointed with it because I knew its limitations beforehand.

Got this from an Amazon reseller for $65 and got what I paid for. No oil in case and, most annoying, no mention of whether it needed or or not but most people said that it actually did, easy enough. It also did not come with the male air coupler. Again not a big deal, except for someone who is expecting to use it out of the box.



Shot through a couple of dozen sticks of staples with no issues until I tried using it on Hardie Board and honestly I was not terribly surprised that it didn't work as it is mentioned as being for finish work. Aside from that it shoots true and through all the ply and 2x4s l have used it on so far.



Happy with my purchase, and would recommend it to a friend.

Exactly what you expect when buying DEWALT. Well built, good ergonomics, great performance. The ONLY thing that could be asked from DeWalt is that they include a "bump" trigger in with the kit. For shooting down backer for vinyl flooring, you need to have a bump trigger. Otherwise you'll just be there all day long.

Overall, good crown nailer for the cost. DeWalt seems to be slipping in features though. This one doesn't come with the air chuck or a belt clip. The belt clip is extremely handy...would have paid extra to have it.

Product worked flawlessly. I bought it to hang wood lattice on the ceiling of my screened in porch. Super job and no complaints. You may have to play around with air pressure so you don't drive staples thru the lattice. Be sure to give it a few drops of oil along the way, especially this time of year with high humidity. I have always liked and will continue to buy Dewalt tools. - Dw Stapler - Narrow Crown Stapler - Finish Staplers - Dewalt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information