Friday 2 September 2011

Does Not Work - nailer, nailgun


Congratulations to the previous reviewer who had a relative good experience with this tool lasting half a cartridge of brads.



Mine managed just three brads...



The first brad blew the main fuse in my circuit board, yet the tool is rated at 5A.



The second and the third 25mm brads didn't blow the circuit board again but they weren't driven all the way in a piece of softwood despite the power switch turned to max.



And on the fourth pull of the trigger...well nothing happened. The power was on, the fuse in the plug was good, the on/off switch was on....it had just died.



So my advice is AVOID. You'll only have to return it. Stanley TRE650 1-1/4-Inch Electric Brad Nailer

I wanted to add molding to my walls after installing flooring. My budget didn't allow paying someone else. So I put it down myself. Did a good job, too, thanks to the Stanley Brad Nailer. Easy to operate, even for a woman my age (I'll never see 69 again).

For jobs of this type I would highly recommend this tool to anyone.

This nailer is perfect for the occasional small job. It is compact, doesn't seem to jam and if you support the top firmly as instructed it will set the nails below the surface of the wood just the right amount for putty coverup. I would buy it again.

The TRE650 is worthless,would not drive 1 1/4 brad all the way in.very little power,more like cork gun!Before purchase there were many negative reports but didn't listen.Thankfully Amozon has a very generous return policy.This item should be delisted,it also quit after 1/2 load of brads.

This was delivered in a perfect time frame. Another great sales job by Amazon. Lets face it, all electric nailers are underpowered to a degree. At first i thought this thing was a piece of junk but as I started to get the hang of it i was able to put a 1 inch brad all the way in corner molding. It works and in my opinion it is built pretty well. it does not feel like junk anyway. It you want perfect nailing everytime get a pneumatic.

I bought this nailer to install trim in my bathroom. I had read a few good reviews and a few bad ones as well. Personally, the nailer worked great for me. It did the job well. The only nails it did not completely drive in were due to my error. I was not holding the nailer firmly enough and when it shot the nail it bounced a bit. If I would have paid closer attention, every nail would have driven in fully. The trim I used was oak, so it was fairly hard wood as well. If you take your time, and don't expect this tool to perform beyond what it is intended for, it is the perfect tool for you. I like mine. It will come in handy when I do picture frames as well.

I bought this nail gun to install moulding in my master bath. At the highest setting I could not shoot a brad through quarter inch moulding into pine baseboard. I can't imagine a job this tool would be good for. In the future I will buy or rent an air-driven setup. - Brad - Nailer - Nailgun - Does Not Work'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information