Wednesday 7 September 2011

Electric Scissors - black and decker, scissors


The SZ360 (item on this page) includes:

-3.6V scissors, universal cutting blade, and charger.



The SZ360T includes:

-3.6V scissors, universal cutting blade, fabric cutting blade, table mount & charger.



I picked this up at my local Sears and found that it didn't include a table mount or an additional blade that a lot of people talked about on here. Home Depot offers the SZ360T online for the same price.... something to keep in mind. Black & Decker SZ360 3.6-Volt Ni-Cad Cordless Power Scissors

Took me forever to track down these blades. I can't believe no one has done this previous to me and saved us all the work by posting where to buy them here.



Well here ya go - work done.



Here is the elusive part number, which you need to have to order replacements from DEWALT's website (even though they are Black and Decker, you get the replacements from Dewalt.)



Part #5140027-49 Blade Assembly "Shoe Blades" $7.20



http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=62275&tid=14211

Hi Folks,



I purchased these scissors after seeing them advertised on the (....) tube. After seeing the price I figured what could I lose I mean really, I've spent more on lottery tickets and ended up with nothing to show for it. I charged the scissors for 12 hours as per the instructions and then went on a cutting frenzy! <LOL> Trust me folks, there was not a safe magazine, cardboard box or plastic carton for 2 miles that I didn't chop to bits with these things. The power of the scissors is really quite amazing considering their size and weight and they fit your hand like a glove. The only thing I could think of to improve this product (More like a wish) is to have a holster for them that you can wear on your belt like a cowboy and his trusty six-shooter. Yep, there would have been a very different outcome at the O.K. Corral if I had been there with my powered scissors. <LOL>



Ok so enough blabbering, the scissors are a great product at a good price, just be careful not to become a power scissor bandito or you and I are going to have it out on the white paper of life! <LOL>



Ciao!

The Black and Decker Cordless Power Scissors, along with Black and Decker's Cordless Screwdriver

and the Black & Decker Handisaw were just what we were in the market for. While I had often thought about buying them in the past, this seemed to be a perfect time to finally make the purchase. Just in time to use for the cutting and wrapping of our family Christmas presents. Because my wife has a plate in her wrist using regular scissors is sometimes, literally, a pain for her. Not so with the Black and Decker Cordless Scissors. She has said these just glide right through. She doesn't have to work the scissors, she said she just holds them and goes along for the ride! Not having any wrist or hand fatigue to deal with is a blessing. Works as smooth as a knife through butter! ~ The Boss (Mrs. B. agrees!)

This came out of the box fully charged and ready to go. Cuts through the hard plastic case it came in like a hot knife through butter. The Cordless Power Scissors makes a great gift for anyone, man or woman, who would enjoy saving time and elbow grease. You really won't know how you lived without one.

I saw this product on a christmas commercial where a woman had to open a child's toy that was covered/wrapped in that awful clear plastic. I have two young children and it is such a pain in the neck (and hands!) to open all those christmas toys vaulted in plastic. So, I thought these scissors were my ticket to an easy morning opening all those christmas present. Unfortunately for me, the scissors were not strong enough to cut through the plastic vault it came in! Ugh. I ended-up returning the scissors. If you want to cut anything softer than plastic, then these are great scissors for you!

I bought these before they ever hit the market. I was searching for an easier way of doing the cutting for Rag Quilts and Chenille Quilting. I saw the ad for these in a craft magazine and because of Black & Decker's great reputation I knew I had to have these. For all you people doing rag quilting and chenille quilting, do yourself and your hands a favor and invest in these scissors. You'll soon find out you'll wish you had gotten these sooner. My husband also loves these and I'm going to order 2 more of these sets very shortly. I've told many people about the ease of use of these scissors and also the fact that they will cut not only fabric but tarp material; vinyl and canvas. There just isn't too much stuff out there on the market that these scissors won't cut through and the blade still stays sharp.

I sew and cutting fabric is my least favourite part. This scissors makes the cutting a breeze. So far it has handled heavy material and silky fabric well. The shoe blade works well for cutting on flat services and it's quite maneuverable. I'm glad I got it. - Crafts - Scissors - Tools - Black And Decker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information