Sunday 4 September 2011

Flash Memory - flash memory, photography


I'm a learning photographer and I got this for my new D5000. I am very impressed by the speed of the card which I think is the most important factor. In that respect this is awesome. I usually take 3 EV bracketed shots for hdr and the card is so fast that it take the shots consecutively.



8gb is pretty good for me. This can hold about 500 photos. I carry this at most for a 3 day trip. I may soon have to buy another 8 or 4 gb.



Overall great product, may be a little pricey but totally worth it. Lexar Platinum II 8 GB 100x SD/SDHC Flash Memory Card LSD8GBBSBNA100

After doing much research on cards like I do for nearly every purchase I make, I found this brand to have positive remarks. Then, considering the cost factor, I'm extremely pleased. I've been using it for a while now & I agree with its positive reviews. The card is doing its job perfectly & is a great value. [ASIN:B003LL51VS Lexar Platinum II 8 GB 100x SD/SDHC Flash Memory Card LSD8GBBSBNA100]

I bought 2 of these cards along with 2 Nikon P&S cameras, extra batteries and ac chargers, for my mother and brother as gifts. I say "so far so good" because I have never tried the Platinum II cards before. I use Lexar Professional CF cards in my Nikon D70s and Nikon D300s, and I use the Lexar Professional SD as backup storage in my D300s, and I have never had a problem. I also use Lexar cards in my GPS unit. I have never had a problem with a Lexar card. Sorry I can not speak about other cards.

I recently purchased a Nikon D3100 and needed a larger capacity SD card. But in addition to large capacity, I also wanted a fast card (SDHC) that would be backwards compatible with my existing SD card readers. I post photos while on the road and my HP Mini netbook with built-in SD card reader would need to be able to recognize the new card. When I received the Lexar Platinum II 8GB, I placed it in the Nikon, gave it a quick format and shot some photos. Works perfect. Then on to the HP Mini - no problem opening the photos. In addition, it also works in a USB to SD card reader I inserted in my desktop. So, this SD card from Lexar provides the capacity and speed I need for my camera, while also being backwards compatible in my other SD readers.

I've had good luck with all brands of memory cards I've ever used. This Lexar is no exception. It works as it is supposed to work. On a recent trip, I used these Lexar cards in two of my camera bodies and they worked great. This is a good, reliable card with decent speed and price.

Alas, when I bought my Nikon S80, I asked for a memory card from the vendor. I got one. That's not a good way to go about it. When I began experiencing download problems from my camera to the computer, that was the beginning of an arduous process of 1-800 tech support, download from the computer to tech support, and finally a 'fix.' This card is one recommended by Nikon (the other one was too small, and not on their recommended list). The CoolPix burps on 2 GB cards, and the 8 GB card is two GB more than needed.

I bought this flash memory for a new DSLR that I bought for Xmas, and it exceeds my needs for the camera. The 8GB size gives me ~2000 pictures even at the best image settings, and this is fast flash memory so the pics can store quicker, allowing you to take pictures quicker. So I don't see myself ever using the size of this flash memory before downloading the pics to a computer. - Flash Memory - Digital Slr - Lexar - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information