Tuesday 27 September 2011

Flip Video Underwater Case


I bought this with the intention of using this in snow instead of water. It's nice because I can pull it out when its dumping and not have to worry about damaging my flip camera. The buttons are easy to function with your gloves on. I can pull it out, shoot some video, and toss it back in my pocket without worrying about getting the camera wet or taking off my gloves. Flip Video Underwater Case for Select Flip Ultra & Flip UltraHD Video Cameras

This is a very good case - worked just fine, did not leak water and all buttons worked well. Have some great videos now. One thing - always make sure you get the correct case for your camcorder - there are several different types available.

This housing works very good if you remain on, or very close to the surface. I just returned from a trip to Hawaii where I was snorkeling. The housing kept the camera dry to depths up to 30 ft, but as I descended beneath the surface (maybe 5 ft), the water pressure started depressing the review buttons. I was unable to take video, other that on the surface. The buttons for power and record require a firm depress to function as they should. The other buttons depress very easily. In my opinion, the housing should only have power and record button functionality, or make the other buttons just as hard to depress.



Other than the fact that you can't take video below 3 ft, the housing worked very good. I was able to get good video of shallow reefs by keeping the camera at the surface. Additionally I had a lot of fun in the pool taking videos of the kids.

I purchased this case along with the Flip Ultra HD camera about a month ago in order to use it on vacation in the Caribbean. Both the camera and the case were easy to use... I read another user's review that said that the wrist strap for the camera wouldn't fit in the underwater case, so I didn't even both attaching it. The camera fits perfectly into the case, and the case seals tightly and easily. All of the buttons on the case operate the camera with ease as if there was no barrier in between. My boyfriend and I used the camera underwater on several snorkeling adventures around Mexico, Honduras and Belize, and it worked great!! The images are all clear and the sound was incredible. Playing the videos back was like watching a show on the Discovery Channel (aside from our amateur videography skills!) , with the clear images, extreme detail, vivid colors and subtle underwater sounds of the water splashing and fish swimming by. We also were happy to keep the camera in the case during the whole trip (with the exception of taking it out to charge it) so that we could also use it by the pool, on kayaks and speed boats, and not worry about rainy weather. There were no issues with the camera or the case, no leaks at all, and we didn't feel like we were being "extra careful" handling it. A great buy and we'll use it in the future!

I bought this in hopes of using it for an upcoming scuba dive trip with mixed results. As others have said, make sure the gasket is clean and free of hair and sand before shutting the case. This worked great at shallow depths with very clear videos and even decent sound. However, at somewhere around 10 feet deep and deeper, the water pressure was too great and the camera would either zoom by itself or all of the buttons would just not work except the power button. This is probably because they were all being pressed at the same time by the water pressure.



That being said, inspired by another reviewer, I was able to take it down to depths of 45 feet or so with no leaks, but if it wasn't going to work at 10 feet, it sure didn't at 45 feet. I'm returning it and getting another in the hopes that it will work at least 30 feet deep for me as it did for him.



If you are just using it to snorkel or play in the pool, this case is amazing and a lot of fun. Scuba divers, you won't ruin your camera but you might not get any video either.

I bought this case for our Flip before my boyfriend and I went to Panama for vacation. I love it!!! We are very active people and did a lot of hiking and snorkeling. Although the case is advertised as an underwater case, it is very durable and we ended up keeping our Flip in the case when we were doing active, dry land things. It proved to be a great idea to keep the Flip in the case because my boyfriend tripped and fell while filming me zip-lining. The case took a good hit and was only slightly scratched. I loved using it underwater. The video quality was the same underwater as it was when we used it on land. The case fits very tightly and securely around the Flip keeping it from rattling around, having some sort of distortion of the picture or leaking. My boyfriend had bought an underwater case for his camera, but those pictures did not compare to the stills and videos we got from the Flip. With that camera case, the pictures were hazy, the waterproof lens cover did not fit properly and it also leaked just a bit. The Flip case never let in any water, was very durable and we were thrilled with its versatility. I highly recommend getting this accessory for your Flip!!!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information