Monday 12 September 2011

Flooring Stapler


I installed 800+ feet of 3/8 engineered oak hardwood flooring using over 8000 staples, and the stapler worked perfectly. There were no miss-fires, and the stapler would not shoot a staple if I didn't have it lined up correctly - which is a huge plus, because I've used others in the past that would put a staple in the surface of the floor if you didn't have it placed on the tongue properly. Even if you're only going to install a few hundred square feet of flooring, this is worth buying because it costs about the same as renting a unit for 3 days, and it's brand new and not abused like most rental units are.



Also a HUGE plus with this stapler is that it uses 1/4" staples instead of the 3/16" staples that Bostich and the cheaper Bynford stapler use - and that will save you the cost of the unit on a larger project. I got 5,000 1/4" staples from amazon.com for $8.50 per box with no tax and free shipping. The local H**e D*p*t wanted $25.00 for 5,000 for the 3/16" staples. I used 3 boxes and that saved me over $50.00 alone.



Another PLUS is the ability to use multiple size staples, and not just 1" staples... and of course it can also be used as a brad nailer to install the shoe molding after you're done with the flooring... yet another cost savings... I haven't used it as a brad nailer yet since I already own a Bostich brad nailer.



This stapler has already made me much more money than I paid for it and the quality seems good, especially for the price. The only con I can think of is the instruction manual is very poor, and if your not very mechanically inclined, of haven't used a flooring stapler before, it's not real clear how to adjust the stapler for the flooring size. Once I got the stapler adjusted for my particular floor thickness - it worked perfect and lined up great and I was able to shoot staples as fast as I could move along the floor board.



Last thing - Bob at Woodworker Specialties was great in replying to my emails and questions. I would definitely purchase from them again even if they're price were higher (which they are not - they're lower). And fulfillment by amazon was another plus for me since I'm an amazon.com Prime member and got free 2 day shipping.



Buy this item with confidence - any issues will be resolved by amazon.com and Woodworker Specialties with just one email - so it's a no brainer in my mind BYNFORD HARDWOOD FLOORING STAPLER NAILER (Uses standard narrow crown staples such as Senco "L" etc)

Bynford Air Stapler made my job of installing Engineered Hard Wood Flooring in my home so much easier, did it in half the time compare to a regular Air Stapler. I tried using a regular Air Staple to save $$ prior to purchasing the Bynford Stapler, what a mistake that was. I would recommend this stapler to anyone installing Engineered Hard Wood Flooring. Great saving on the Bynford Brand agaist others.

I purchased 5/16" hardwood flooring and a manual "banger" nailer ($200, used) that was supposed to work even for this thin wood. It nailed the face, not the edge. I wish I bought this stapler first. Works great, easy to use, and when converted to the face nailer its works great as a woodwork nailer. At this price, even with a compressor it was much cheaper than any manual floor nailer. Only 2 shortcomings: 1) it's rated to take up to 1 1/2 inch nails, but the clip won't close with longer ones. And 2) changing from the 45 degree floor stapler to the straight brad nailer is too cumbersome to regularly switch back and forth. Overall I love the tool. I thought I'd sell the compressor and this after the floor project was done but it's a keeper.

I am almost done with 700 sq ft of 1/2" engineered flooring using 1 1/4" crown staples. It get's the job done, with my pancake compressor set at 90 psi. It is a little hard getting the staples into the gun, but have not had too many problems. Good for 1 or 2 jobs, but not a tool for regular use.

I purchased this stapler for one-time use to install oak manufactured hardwood flooring in a 12' x 20' family room. It performed perfectly and never misfired or jammed while stapling 3" wide flooring every 4 inches (around 3000 Senco staples.) The included tack head worked fine for the last 2 rows. It's not clear, long term, what oil to use; The instructions say 30 weight, the included oil was much lighter - I used the included oil.



FYI: When changing heads the instructions say to remove an "O-ring". The "O-ring" is tiny (perhaps 1/8 inch in diameter) and is used to secure a pin where you would expect to find a nut.



Overall, the instructions are sketchy, but it did the job.

I have to confirm the other reviews here. My son and I just installed 360 S.F. of 3/8" engineered wood with this stapler, without a single jam or misfire. I set up the base plate and penetration according to the manual, and my first two test staples were perfect using my 2 Gal. portable compressor. I also bought the 1" Senco staples 5000 pack, which was the right choice, since my local stores only seem to have Bostich staples, which are not recommended for this tool.

I can not say enough nice things about this product. The value is off the charts and beyond that it truly is a quality product. I used it to install 500 square feet of 3/8 thick Brazillian Walnut from Lumber Liquidators. It is not engineered ,but literally solid hardwood. This is the product you want for install.

I ordered the Bynford hardwood floor stapler to use for installing a bamboo floor up stairs. The directions needed a little more information but once you hook it to the air compressor and play with it a bit, you figure it out. It is light weight and easy to use. My husband and I loved using this product. It made the project much quicker. It saved us alot of money because we did not have to rent one. We could install the floor as quickly or slowly as we wanted without worring about a huge rental fee.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information