Monday 5 September 2011

Garmin Nuvi - garmin nuvi


The Garmin leather carrying case is a decent travel compainion and a perfect fit for the Nuvi 370, 360, 350, 310, 300 and also the new 270, 250, and 200.



After purchasing the new Garmin Nuvi 200, and quickly realizing it didn't come with a carrying case, I purchased this product. The quality black leather make this both appealing to the eye and durable however this is a slide-type case, so it is constantly open on one end. A nice feature would have been some type of zipper or velcro closure so the Garmin GPS unit could be fully enveloped within the case. It has a snug fit so I haven't had any problems with it slipping out yet but I do find myself constantly checking to make sure my Nuvi 200 is properly placed inside the case.



I would have preferred a little more padding with it too. The case is made up of thin leather on all sides with very little padding to protect against accidental drops. It would have been nice to have some more cushion for those clusmy moments we've all expercienced.



This case seems to be designed more for protection against scratches and to shield the LCD screen against accidental scrapes.



Still, I give this carrying case three stars because of it's price, duarability, and sleek leather appearance. Garmin 3.5-Inch Carrying Case

This case is very nice leather, with a firm (probably plastic) insert that protects the scrren. We had one shattered screen, so this seems like just what the Dr. Ordered. The fit is snug which is great, so the unit won't slip out even if you hold it from different angles.

The Nuvi 350 (and possibly the other Nuvis) comes with a leather case, so you don't need to order it separately.

The 350 also comes with both car & AC chargers and dash & windshield mounts.

All these accessories that come with the Nuvi have worked fine. The leather seems to be of good quality, and the Nuvi slips into it easily.

Very well made leather case which fit my Nuvi 270 perfectly. I used this extensively during a recent trip and the case helped protect the Nuvi against scratches, dings, dents, and weather (though not waterproof). A very good way to protect your Nuvi investment. Does exactly what it advertises to do.

This product has very nice touch and eye appeal. It's slightly different from and better quality than (it appears to be) in the image on the page at Amazon.



If you decide to buy it, be aware that it is a cushioned sleeve into which the nuvi slides, not really a full, closed case. It is fairly snug, but I do not know how well it would protect the unit if dropped, particularly on the open side.



I like it though, and it's fine to protect the screen when I store it in the glove compartment or center console, or in a coat pocket.



Strictly from a functional standpoint though, you can get one of those little Velcro cases they make for digital cameras, for about a third the price. But this case makes you feel nice. So there IS that.



Added 12/23/08 - I see that the image of the sleeve has been updated. It does look like this image, and I'm still happy with mine.

To be accurate this is not a review of the case itself but a red flag to all you Garmin widescreen GPS owners. Both Amazon and ANTonline recommend this case for the 4.3 widescreen unit when it's at east 3/4" to short to protect the screen. I informed both Amazon and ANTOnline and they still have not corrected the recommendation. So people are buying it

with the wrong impression. I tried to have ANTOnline either accept it back as a return or an exchange for the correct case (see Garmin website for the correct case)but they ignored all my requests until they finally emailed me to tell me they contacted Garmin who will work with me to correct the matter. Regardless of why Garmin should be responsible for their mistake, I called Garmin and asked them if ANTOnline had contacted them.

They claimed they never heard from them but were willing to send me the correct case for free. So within a week's time I received my new case from Garmin. Three cheers for Garmin! Three boos for Amazon and ANTOnline.

I bought this case for my Nuvi 650 to protect the screen. While my unit technically does "fit" in the case, only about two-thirds of the screen is covered. The rest just sticks out of the top of the rather small case.

If you want to protect the screen I suggest a larger case.

I am happy with the Nuvi carrying case - as everyone and their grandmother have mentioned it is too short for the "W" Nuvi's but mine is a regular 260 and this case is the perfect size and at a great price. I like the look of it as well, it's not a flashy, "look at me" type of case and seems sturdy. - Garmin Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information