Wednesday 21 September 2011

Gift Card - amazon, amazon gift certificates


I was given a Kindle last year for Christmas. This year, for my birthday, I requested an Amazon gift card to buy Kindle books, and my daughter sent me one. It's wonderful. I just registered it as the clear instructions indicated and a few minutes later I was reading a new book on Kindle. It's a thoughtful, timely gift that allows the recipient to choose what they would like. Amazon.com Gift Card - $50 (Birthday Balloons design)

I ordered these cards in preparation for the upcoming Holiday season. Placing the order was a breeze. I had ordered the generic gift card. My order was shipped by UPS next day air and it arrived as promised. Each envelope had the gift card attached to generic greeting card and another envelope to mail the greeting card. I did redeem some of the cards and the balance was immediately credited to my amazon account. Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase and will likely buy this again.

I found the plastic to be sturdy. I appreciated the rounded edges, which helped to avoid injury or embarrassing clothing snags while carrying it to my computer. The number was a little complicated because it also included some letters, but I was able to enter them using my keyboard with no problems. Then I shopped 'til I dropped.

This is the PERFECT gift ... so many things to choose from on Amazon and very easy to redeem (just type in the card number at checkout or add the gift card number to your Amazon account).



After reading all of the reviews, I just want to clarify EXACTLY what you can expect to receive/get with your GIFT CARD order. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT combine/order GIFT CARDS to be mailed with other items from Amazon if you want the FREE 1-DAY shipping on your GIFT CARD(s). Order GIFT CARDS separate from other items you are ordering from Amazon (i.e., place more than one/separate orders on Amazon). If you do not, you will not receive FREE one-day shipping on your GIFT CARD(s).



1. I read the reviews that said that all of the GREETING CARDS (that contained the gift card) were sealed and that the person was not able to see which gift card went to which person (if they ordered different cards and/or different dollar amounts). Because of this, I placed 5 different orders for 5 different gift cards ALL sent to myself. That was unnecessary. Because while the OUTER envelope (which is really the Amazon's packaging for the greeting card/gift card combo) is sealed ... the GREETING CARD, which the gift card is attached to, and the ENVELOPE that it goes in are separate INSIDE the sealed ENVELOPE packaging (which is meant to be opened PRIOR to giving as a gift). So, when you open that sealed envelope you will see the card, as well as the gift card amount. At that point, you can also write a personal message on the GREETING CARD prior to giving.



2. The actual $ GIFT CARD for the Christmas designs are just the generic brown "a" with the curved underline (i.e., the Amazon.com logo). The ONLY thing that has the CHRISTMAS or holiday designs are the GREETING CARDS themselves. (LOOK closely at the pictures that Amazon shows and you will see this.) So, the GIFT CARDS do not have Christmas or holiday designs on them.



3. The PERSONAL MESSAGE that you type appears ONLY on the PACKING SLIP/receipt thrown in the box or bubble envelope that Amazon ships the SEALED ENVELOPE in. (That is, the little piece of paper that shows the GIFT FROM, shipping address and what was purchased.) Your message will NOT appear on the GREETING CARD, which is SEALED inside the ENVELOPE packaging. The person would have to look on the PACKING SLIP to see the personal message. NOTE: I order ALOT on Amazon and I have on occasion received items that *I* ordered for myself with no packing slip, which is not an issue because *I* ordered it. But, if I had received/or sent it as a gift, that could be an issue. The FIVE separate GIFT CARD orders that I placed and received all contained that small fax-paper like packing slip. BUT, it COULD happen that an order MIGHT not contain the packing slip since I have received orders without any packing slip. It's too bad that Amazon doesn't at least offer the option to have the message typed directly on the actual greeting card (like ToysRUs) when it's going to someone as a gift (and maybe say it would take longer than the standard 1-day shipping). Just a suggestion!



4. As I said, I ordered SEVERAL gift cards ... some arrived in a "book" or "cd/dvd" box and some arrived in a bubble envelope. Go figure! I guess it just depended on who packed it. ALL arrived via UPS the next day (where the next day was a business day). Two of the cards that were shipped in a bubble envelope did arrive slightly bent ... nothing major. Probably the best way for them to ship them is in the book/dvd/cd box since none of those arrived bent. (Note: If you live at an address or are sending to an address that UPS does not deliver to OR are only ble to receive items at a PO BOX because you live in a rural area, you might want to check with Amazon PRIOR to ordering a physical gift card.)



5. ALL of the information (#1-#3) that I included in my review, Amazon now includes in the ITEM DESCRIPTION. I'm not sure if Amazon changed their ways, added this information AFTER people were upset and complained, or it was there and people failed to read it. In any case, hopefully, my review helps to further clarify. It's always nice to know what your money is buying.



BTW, I also ordered 2 PRINTABLE gift certificate/cards. It was really easy ... picked the design, amount, quantity and entered my personal message. After checking out/paying, I received an e-mail from Amazon.com in a few minutes with a link for me to PRINT the card. After printing, fold the paper twice and voile an INSTANT CARD w/GIFT CERTIFICATE! Super quick, easy and a really cute looking card (similar to those 4-picture square, homemade greeting cards). - Amazon - Birthday Gift - Amazon Gift Certificates - Easy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information