Sunday 18 September 2011

Gps System Accessories - tomtom 720, tomtom case


Here's the case that is a MUST if you have the TomTom 720. It fits (as the saying goes "like a glove." The sides zipper, and the inside is orange with the inside sides having an elastic on them so that the case does not "flop" open all the way when unzipped. There is a lanyard included that can be put on the one end so enable the case to be carried on your wrist or such.



The case is hard, but not the what I'd call reinforced so that you could expect the case to hold up to several pounds of pressure on it. But it's good to protect against bumps and such, and is better than a soft case.



If you're going to spend the money for a portable GPS, then you need this protective case.



My only negative is that these necessary extras should be included as some other brands do (but with cost this is becoming less). The only other thing I'd advise would be is to purchase a pack of screen protectors (they usually come in a pack of 4 or 5 but you only need to use one then save the rest) and apply it to the screen to protect against finger grease and scratches. TomTom Carrying Case and Strap for the GO 720 and 730 GPS

The dimensions for the 720 and 9XX series units are exactly the same, and the case fits my 920 perfectly, easy zipper, sturdy shell, strong wrist strap. the only (very minor) con is the tomtom only fits into the case in one direction, so if you slip it into the case the wrong way you need to flip it around. I highly recommend it.

When I first got this case, I thought it was pretty good, though a little pricey. The only problem I had with it was that it was hard to close. As another reviewer said, "It fits like a glove."



But after a couple of months, the zipper broke. It was the typical sort of break where the teeth on one side get pulled out of the zipper itself. I'm going to try to fix it myself, but for the price I was expecting higher quality.

Having purchased a TomTom 920, the only thing the unit did not come with was a protective case. Shame on TomTom since a case, even a simple one should have accompanied the product to begin with. Upon discovering this case, I immediately purchased one and have found this case to be very well worth the money spent!



The interior is lined and the case itself which is zippered, is a semi-hard material which can withstand slight drops and more importantly, protect the TomTom's screen from scratches. The fit itself is snug and right on the money for the TomTom 720/920. Keep in mind there is no room for anything else but the TomTom. It even comes with a wrist strap which I found quite handy.



All in all, I am very happy with this case!

Pros: The case is rigid and provides good protection to the unit

CONS: The zipper broke after about a week (zipper teeth split, and you cannot re-align it by starting at either end-the case is worthless to me now). Even before the zipper broke, it was very difficult to zip or unzip it since the unit fit so tightly in it. Also, there is no room for ANY accessories-the Tom Tom Go GPS unit barely fits in it by itself



Don't buy this case

This case gets the job done to an extent. It holds my TomTom snuggly and protects it when in my bag. However, I wish it was large enough to hold the charger and the suction cup.



Both of these items are necessary when using TomTom so it would be nice to have them all together in one place. Instead I have to remember to grab all three of them separately when exiting the vehicle or I have to fumble around to find them all in my laptop bag. - Tomtom 720 - Tomtom Case - 920 - Gps System Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information