Saturday 3 September 2011

Greeting Cards


I am very pleased with my purchase.

I couldn't find this Feather Edge Greeting Card paper in the stores

or on line and I just love the look of the greeting cards made with

this card stock. This was also the first time that I got such a deal

on the price of this card stock and so I took advantage of the price

and purchased six boxes and I will do it again if they get more stock

in at the same price and the delivery was also very fast. Avery Half-Fold Feather-Edge Greeting Cards for Inkjet Printers, 5.5 x 8.5 Inches, Ivory, Pack of 20 (3251)

I use this product with a Hallmark card-software program and the finished product has always been perfect. The feather-edge gives the finished card a professional appearance and - with the high cost of store-bought cards these days, is a bargain as well.

I live in a retirement community. I made one card and everyone liked it so much that I now have a job of making all the cards for our morning coffee group birthdays,and other important occasions.I contribute it to the beautiful paper.

Polly

We used this paper to send out about 200 invitations to our 50th wedding anniversary using MS Publisher to work up the format. Looked quite nice.



Other reviews have pretty much described the paper; the "texture" is very thin lines about 1/32" apart embossed in the paper and runs the same direction as the fold in the card. The envelop is also textured and the lines run from left to right.



The feathering is on one end of the paper and on the envelop flap. Might note that we used eleven boxes and the paper size varied in length from box to box by as much as 1/4" but within given box, the paper was pretty uniform.



Print quality with our HP Officejet Pro L7680 printer was fine. However, when you read on the Avery package that this product was intended for single copy printing, believe it. Our printer would NOT reliably feed even a few copies automatically. The same is true with the envelops; they also had to be printed one at a time. AND - we had to tuck the flap inside the envelop or a good percentage of the envelops would not feed through straight.



One final printing note: the printer had difficulty properly registering the paper when the feathered edge was fed in first. Perhaps 10 - 15% would print slightly crooked on the page, or too close to the feathered end or both. Never found a solution to that other than to rotate the page 180 degrees in Publisher and feed the paper the other direction.



All that said, overall we were pleased with the resulting invitations and will be using more of this card stock.

Was so excited to try this product -as I really like the other textured cards I have purchased. I use them to create my personal stationery and the texture really conveys a special quality. However, the textured paper used for this product was an unfortunate choice, because it was a very thin stripe -a striated effect-- which led to not only uneven printing ( using my HP7400), but also when writing on it with a rolling ball pen.



Now--if they would change the paper to the one that is used for textured cards that don't have the feathered edge and use it for these as well, then it would be a really great product!

The Avery Half-fold Feather-Edge greeting cards for inkjet printers is the best card stock I have found. It makes the most beautiful cards. They are very easy to use and look professionally done. I love them!!!

I am very pleased with my purchase of the Avery Half-Fold Feather-Edge Greeting Cards. The invitations I used them for look very professional. The service on my order was excellent, and I received my order in a timely manner.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information