Sunday 11 September 2011

Grinder Accessories - corded, corded rotary tool


This rotary tool would be well worth the money even if it came without the accessories. It has 7 speeds, and is a powerhouse. I use it for wood carving, but i dont think it would have any problems with metal, plastic, stone, ect. Its bigger than most of the dremel brand tools i have tried, but it doesnt matter because it comes with the flexable shaft!!! depending on how good a bargan shopper you are that alone would cost you about 20.00-40.00. and there is a great little stand that clamps on to your work bench or where ever your working that holds the tool for you while your using the flex shaft. I havent used many of the bits that came with this but it does come with two size collets and i have been able to use bits i allready had. and the sanding drums that came with this are excellent. I am very pleased with this tool. I have only had it 10 days, but so far it is out performing the previous rotary tool i own. even if it breaks in a couple months Ill consider this a good value, because of thee quality of the accessories. Neiko 40-piece Portable 1 Amp 6-speed Rotary Grinder Tool with Flexible Shaft

I ordered this item from Amazon about a month ago, and was anticipating the arrival of this new toy. I was a bit skeptical due to the low price, and I know why now. I waited almost a month for this to get delivered even though it was said to be in stock. Apart from the delayed delivery situation this thing has about 1/3 the power of the Dremel, Craftsman models that are similar. I tried to use the cutting wheel to remove some glued on pressed wood and this thing just came to a standstill. I borrowed a friends Craftsman model and it zipped right through that pressed wood. I attempted to use some other attachments in hopes this would be good for something. It might be good for engraving or something light duty, but you serious wood workers will not be happy with this item.

I would not reccomend this product to anyone. I gave it one star just because I had to give it sonme star rating.

Have you ever heard the saying "you get what you pay for"? It is true with these type tools. Pay the extra 20-40 dollars and get something that will work good. I went out and bought the dremel 4000 for $79.99 and it works great.

This item will go into a garage sale or Ebay.

Thats my two cents, and I hope it helps someone else from making the mistake I did.

This tool works great. I had a small project which involved cutting a piece out of my sliding glass door frame to install a new latch. I do not know how I could have done it without this type of tool. It works great. It also works with Dremel brand accessories. I had purchased several Dremel pieces to use with this hand tool and it fits great. The variable speed is also a plus. I recommend this to anyone considering purchasing a Dremel type tool.

Well, it's cheap. for the money I was impressed with the apparent fit & finish, clean tight plastic moldings, good fit up etc. I am probably atypical in that I wanted it to use 90% for metal work. I work in aerospace & defense QA and when I put in a foredom carbide bur I was SHOCKED at the amount of runout (wobbling bit) for a tool that runs such high RPM ideally runout should be under .002" and at this size tool that shouldn't be too hard to achieve. Well I put a test indicator on the carbide shank .250 from collet face, it EXCEEDED THE INDICATOR'S .030" TRAVEL. I disassmbled the collet cleaned and tried again, same. I tried to manually guide the loose collet as I tightened it and got to about .014" runout. and when I used it for about 2 minutes on A36 weld joint the bur lead angle pulled it out the front of the collet! thightened the collet like mad and it held the bit till job completion but the huge runout was. back



I will check the threads and see if any of the accessory aftermarket collets sold for Dremel will fit, if so I will try one of those as the spindle and it's socket seem on center, the collet is terribly sloppy and the nut isn't much better.

The Neiko, dremel type, 40 piece Rotary Tool Kit is a good value for the money and does what I need it to do. The biggest drawback is the lack of instructions regarding how to use all the parts included. Some are obvious with a little tool background knowledge, such as how to install the flexible shaft, but others are not. There is no parts list or drawings showing all the configurations in which one can arrage the tool. At this stage, it is up to the user to try and figure out if the parts are needed and, if so, how to use them.

glad i got this over the dremel one, i saved about 60 ro 70 bucks! at first it hought Hmmm Plastic but now Im thinking yeah!!! lol i like it, 8 speeds and it comes with alot of bits and tools and even a flex shaft and tool hangar, if your looking to buy, this is the one.

I've never wrote a review on anything ,but I thought this was a great deal so..

I was gonna buy a dremel, but I thought I'd save $100 and take a chance on this and it

works great. IT does'nt wobble, spins nice and straight.

You'll save money and be happy if you buy this instead. - Tools - Corded Rotary Tool - Grinder Accessories - Corded'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information