Tuesday 13 September 2011

Highly Recommended - alarm, home security


On our recent trip to Egypt and Jordan we stayed at the St. Catherine's Plaza Hotel in Jordan, the hotel was not very secure and had no added security locks or chains on the door. It was 7 am, I was just waking up when I heard steps coming up our staircase outside and then there was a key in our door and our door being unlocked. We had set the GE Smarthome Door alarm the night before and of course when they tried to enter our room the alarm went off scaring them away, I could hear them running very fast down the stairway. I am so glad I had bought this for our trip or we may have had an unwanted stranger in our room. I highly recommend this alarm! GE 50246 Smart Home Door Stop Alarm

Even though I keep a gun next to my bed, it really bothered me that if someone managed to get into my house, I probably wouldn't wake up in time to get to it. (I'm a VERY deep sleeper and my bedroom's on the 2nd floor)



I'm so glad I decided to order this!



It's VERY loud and the 4 I ordered work on all my doors leading outside.



I even found a way to use this on my sliding glass door. By propping it gently against the sliding part of the door, and then putting something heavy behind it, to hold it in place, the alarm will go off if the door's opened.



Like the other reviewer said, I love that it's portable, so I can bring it with me to hotels and stuff.



Anyways, between how well it works, the simplicity of using it and the very reasonable price. I very highly recommend this!

Looking for an easy to use, reliable door entry alarm with no complicated mounting? Get the GE SmartHome Door Stop Alarm. You won't be disappointed. Afer batteries are activated, you're done. Just put by your door. So sensitive to pressure that I've often scared myself by picking it up the wrong way. (Pick it up by the sides only) Easy to take with you on trips and a perfect complement to the Door Jammer. Highly recommend.

I travel for work, so having this door stop allows me a sense of security that otherwise I would not have. The alarm is very annoying so hopefully, in the event it was triggered, it would be enough to awaken even fairly deep sleepers.

My own issue with the unit is that you need a screwdriver to insert and remove the battery. I remove the battery when I travel so that there is no way for the on off switch to be activated by accident en route.

Otherwise, good value and small enough to pack and take each trip.

This product will not disappoint you. 120 decibels is no joke. Fire/Police sirens are approx. 120 decibels. Gunshot approx. 140. Most sound charts start the pain threshold at 125. Excellent product and a cheap/simple security measure. Understand this is just an added level of security (like a tall fence, door lock), not an all-encompassing security solution. I'm not worried about amateur/undetermined intruders now. However, now I'm worried about waking the dead... that might be problematic. They're always so angry.

This item seemed like a good idea. Perhaps we should have checked to see how much space was available under the door to my daughter's apartment before we bought it. The door is very tight, with no space underneath for this to fit. My husband plans on bringing it on business trips to use in a hotel. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing: see if there is any space beneath the door!

I purchased this to augment a home security system. While the door I am using this on is protected, the siren for the home alarm is towards the front while the door is at the back, and I basically wanted this for the siren. It is LOUD, which is obviously what you wound want, and seems sturdy, though I am not sure that if someone really pushed in on this it would survive the experience. Still, at less than $20 (far cheaper than an additional siren for the home alarm) it is well worth it.

This guy is super easy to set up and very loud. I don't find it to be over-sensitive, so you can move it about without setting it off. Once you do tap the metal sensor, however, a big, high-pitched screech is released.



I bought this because my door alarm has a 30-second delay so I wanted a back-up alarm that sounds immediately when I'm in my apartment. It works as intended and I'm happy with the product and the price.



I docked a star because this thing slides a bit on wood floors. If someone opened the door, it would still go off, but I think if someone flung the door open, it would set the alarm off initially and then the unit would slide away. I haven't been able to test this theory, but I'm pretty sure it won't work as a door-stop for this reason. - Security - Loud - Home Security - Alarm'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information