Tuesday 27 September 2011

Holsters - torch, blackberry


I really like this leather pocket. It's a snug fit at first but breaks in easily. Single red stitch and embossed metal BB symbol are fashionable and tasteful. Construction is solid and stitching is clean and tight. Embedded magnet puts my 9800 to sleep/standby properly whether I insert it front or backwards. Looks like it's built to last and will only get better with time. 5 stars for the product and speedy delivery. BlackBerry Leather Pocket for RIM BB 9800 Torch, Black

This leather pouch was snug when i got it, but broke in quickly. The sleeper magnet got the job done and so did the pouch. It doesn't really protect your phone from a fall, especially from the top opening. This pouch kept my blackberry nice and clean, but now the stitches are falling apart from both sides. They're slowly unravelling, but the red stitching is still in place. It has been a month since I have been using this. I think it could last me another 2 months and then I will be getting a case. For the price you can't go wrong, but its time is limited. I also found it very inconvenient every time i took the pouch out of my pocket and then the phone out of the pouch. And when you have a headphone jack plugged in, it's near impossible to take out unless you pull on the headphones. (not a good idea to me.)

Bought the case in Jan 2011. I liked it a lot. It is now march..the case got wet.. to my disappointment, it turns out that the case is not made of leather but compressed cardboard.

Beware, there is a reason it is so stiff...

I originally bought this case on Feb 16, 2011 and was delighted with the high quality, deep grain leather and inlaid chrome BB logo. The pouch was stiff and thick leather. The Torch slid in and out without problem. However, I lost this case last week when I was in a hurry and ordered a new one from Amazon which arrived today. It was not the same! Thinner more supple leather (less expensive looking) and the BB logo consisted of cheap looking white plastic. This is definitely a lower grade product than the original I had and I am really disappointed. My first pouch was "Sold by IBD Electronics" but the second one from Alpha Inc. I feel somewhat ripped off having been so pleased with the original bargain but have little choice but to keep the new one as I have a business trip tomorrow. The one upside is that the second, cheaper one has a slightly slimmer profile if you care about bulk but personally, I preferred the first one. I will complain to Amazon about this and may update this review later if I get a response.

Fits the phone perfectly, very high quality look and feel. When I first put it on, it was a little tight, but after a few days it loosened to the perfect fit and months later it still fits absolutely great.

I had purchased this product before and gave it to a friend so i had to order a new one. Apparently the first one i got was from a different seller, it was a good, real leather pocket. This one from Alpha Inc. feels like paper, came ripped on one side, and would not protect your phone - Pocket - Torch - Blackberry Torch 9800 - Blackberry'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information