Friday 2 September 2011

Iphone 3g Car Charger - car charger, iphone


I tried the charger first in a rental car. It worked for a minute, and then failed to charge (or illuminate its LED light). I removed the charger, and tried to use my GPS unit with its car charger (which had earlier worked fine in this car), and found that IT wouldn't charge, either!



So I returned the car to the rental car office, figuring there was a problem with its electrical system. But when the exact same thing happened in the second car (after, again, powering my GPS' charger just fine), I realized that I was causing the problems....by my use of this cheapo iPhone charger. I'm just glad that 1. I didn't plug the charger into my own car, and 2. it didn't fry my iPhone!



This charger went straight into the garbage, and I bought my auto charger at apple store for $20. It's great, dependable, and I can use it to charge any gizmo that charges via USB (including my computer, my 3GJUICE, etc. Car Charger for Apple 3G iPhone, Black

This car charger did not work at all for my iPhone 3G. The red light on the charger indicated it was receiving power, but my iPhone 3G did not receive a charge. This was tested on two different iPhones in two different cars. I elected not to exchange, since it wasn't worth the return shipping and handling. It sounds like others have had success with this product, but I can not recommend it.

It arrived within a few days, tested it on my iPhone 3G and it worked.



By the way, I found 3 tips that help extend the iPhone 3G battery life considerably, go to Settings and set the following:



1. Set Wi-Fi: Off

2. Fetch New Data: Hourly (I hook up to my work's exchange email server)

3. General > Network > Enable 3G: Off



Also, if you need speed for web browsing and other apps, then switch on either 3G or Wireless On. I use wireless for performance reasons.



I did some speed tests and found that of the 3 network options I have these were the download speeds:



1. Wireless WiFi - 6Mbits/s (connected to my private home wireless network from a cable service)

2. 3G - 1.2Mbits/s

3. EDGE - 0.18 Mbits/s - I use this for my daily phone calls - works just fine and best option to extend the battery life



Bottom line, when at home and lounging, connect to a power supply and switch on Wi-Fi, when on battery power set settings as mentioned. Enjoy your iPhone.

I used this charger in my 2000 Nissan Maxima. After a week it blew the fuse to my front cigarette lighter, then after one use it blew the other one. I guess there is a reason it was so inexpensive.



Let the buyer beware...

This charger does not work for Apple IPhone 3G as stated in the description. I plugged it in and my phone said the charger "was not compatible" with the iphone. Waste of $3 with shipping.

UPDATE: Seller refunded money and agreed to remove this item or change description for Amazon. Customer Service appreciated.Item still gets low mark.

Car Charger for Apple 3G iPhone, Black



the charger red indicator light just flashes rapidly and will not charge the 3g iphone. tried it in 2 cars and 3 different outlets. my experience is duplicated in the reviews for this same? charger by Lux case. e-mailed PC Microstore and awaiting response. Hoping for replacement and the satisfaction of the 5star reviews I see here.

This charger has blown fuses on 2 different cars. It worked once or twice in each car, but then I couldn't get any sort of power from it. I then found other items would not work in the cigarette lighter, so I checked the fuses and found the fuse blown in each vehicle.



This charger now has a special place in the bottom of my trash can. - Iphone 3g - Iphone - Car Charger - Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information