Tuesday 27 September 2011

Iphone Armband - droid x, running


I am an iPhone 3GS to EVO 4G convert. I changed to get away from AT&T's huge prices and to get a change in scenery on Android. I previously was using a Tuneband for my iPhone (Tuneband for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS (not iPhone 4, see description below), Grantwood Technology's Armband, Silicone Skin, and Screen Protector, Black and LOVED it. The company only seemed to make this for Apple products so I searched for something similar for my new EVO since I use RunKeeper Pro to track my runs.



DESIGN:

The Design is pretty straight forward. It does not exactly fit the EVO, it took a lot of squeezing in there to get it to fit. Not really a problem. I was not a fan of the plastic cover on the armband to begin with, but seeing as I was limited in selection, it would have to do.



OVERALL:

I would take this on medium runs (5-8 miles)for about an hour. The phone got wet from my sweat and the plastic cover fogged over making reading the screen useless. I have stopped using the product and am now out the $25 that I spent on it.



I would not recommend this to any EVO owner as its more of a "one size fits all" approach. Maybe some other phones work better, but the condensation on the inside of an armband with a $500+ phone inside didn't sit well with me at all.



I run with the phone in my pocket and am hopeful that someone will come out with a similar design to the Tuneband that is designed for Apple products. Tune Belt Sport Armband for Droid X, Droid Incredible & more (fits larger smartphones and iPhones in protective cases like iPhone 4 in Bumper case)

I really like this armband. The Droid X slips in easily and is snug once in place. It is not too difficult to retrieve from the case just make sure you are not squeezing the screen while pulling it out or you could damage it. I have also been quite sweaty while using this case and the Droid X stayed dry. There are some vent holes at the bottom of the phone slot.



PROS:

*****************

Fits Droid X well, snug

Only one I could find that actually mentioned the dimensions of the Droid X and stated "for phones over 4.5"".

It's stretchy neoprene...?

Velcro and materials seem like they are high quality



CONS:

*****************



This wasn't a con for me but it could be for someone else. The armband velcro strap is a little on the short side. I am not ripped or anything but I am not scrawny either. I am about 6' 200 lbs, 16% body fat and this thing fit me ok but if you are much bigger than this opt for the extender or expect to have your arm constricted. With that being said, you'd probably have to be quite a bit bigger for it to even matter.



One other con here is that this is a universal armband, though it fits the Droid X well, the phone sometimes "turns" in the pouch just a little so a tiny bit of the screen is off to the side making it difficult to do certain tasks. Of course, you just quickly adjust and all is good again. It would be nice if Tunebelt made these specific to each phone model.



At $20 it was a bit pricey but it was the only one that I could find for the Droid X so it was well worth it.

I'm very happy with my iPhone4, and with its ability to play music through my Motorola S9HD Bluetooth wireless stereo headset. However, the link between the two sometimes fades when the phone is in a belt case, so I've been looking for an arm band case big enough to hold the iPhone4 while in the bumper case Apple is recommending to avoid loss of signal when touching the lower left corner gap in the iPhone's antenna.



Tune Belt to the rescue with this new larger model. Though not only for the iPhone4, it does fit the iPhone4 well, without having to first remove the bumper case like other cases I've found that claim to be for the iPhone4. I had no trouble operating the iPhone4 through the Tune Belt case, even though some of the buttons and openings on the iPhone4 are not explicitly supported by the Tune Belt.



Construction is good - all a single piece, so nothing will be getting lost. Inserting the iPhone4 in its bumper case takes a bit of strength, due to friction between the bumper case and the Tune Belt neoprene fabric, but that also ensures the phone won't fall out once inserted.



The arm band portion is wide and long enough to fit comfortably on most arms, with the phone pointed either up or down as desired. There's an extra little tab under the brand label the looks suited for gripping a key ring, which will be handy.

It works exactly as advertised. I have no issues using the touchscreen on my Droid Incredible.I have the extended life battery and case which makes the setup thicker, however still no issues with the fit and function. fits well over my arm.

I use this armband to run with my HTC Droid Incredible. The phone fits in it nice and snug, easy to get in but doesn't bounce around or fall out. The strap is long enough for my arm (6'0, 200), but if you have much upper arm muscle, you'll probably need the extender. - Armbands - Droid X - Droid - Running'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information