Thursday 1 September 2011

Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Car Kit - bluetooth, jabra


Saw the reviews here - many are just plain incorrect, very likely they did not bother to read the manual, which as the quickstart guide says 'the full version is online at jabra'.



A few examples:



Voice dialing: If your phone has this capability - you can voice dial no problem: Record the voiceprint for a number (via your phones feature), preferably while using the speakerphone so its better matched, then to use it 'press' - hold button for approx 1sec - (as opposed to tap, which is means 'quick click") the main answer button then say name - works fine, even with an old moto razr phone.



Power: Again, RTM - to save power (a great feature), the speakerphone sleeps after 10 minutes: To wake up, rather than cycle the less handy power switch, simply tap the main answer button



Bright lights: There is a way to go into night mode: "Press FM and volume up button simultaneously when the speakerphone is on. The light will then turn off. You can turn the lights back on with another press."



C'mon folks, take the two minutes to read the actual manual.



As for the rest - I've only had it a little while - the voice quality seems fine, the FM works great when the convertible top is down (Not often right now, even in CA) and the thing works quite well so far.



Bonus: The charger comes in two pieces so that you can use the USB to micro USB cable with your computer to charge it if you want. Conversely, I can now charge my old razr with by plugging in my USB to mini USB into its lighter adapter. Handy.



No affiliation with jabra - just picky about uninformed reviews Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Car Kit, Speakerphone [Retail Packaging]

I love Bluetooth but was never really satisfied with the audio quality of my Bluetooth headset when driving so I thought I would try buying a device that was specifically designed to let you take calls in a vehicle. This is a really cool product! It does all the basic stuff you would expect in terms of taking phone calls but has the added feature of an FM transmitter so you can use your car speakers instead of the smaller built-in speaker. Now incoming call volume level is never an issue. If your car radio has RDS (I forget what it stands for but if you see artist and song title when listening to a radio station then you have it) you can see the incoming phone number on your radio display. Cooler still is that it supports Bluetooth stereo so I can stream music directly from my phone (or iPod Touch) and listen to it on my car speakers. The Cruiser has convenient PLAY/PAUSE and SKIP Forward/Back buttons too. If you are streaming music and you get an incoming call, the music is automatically paused until you hang up. Last but not least, the Cruiser can be connected to two phones AT THE SAME TIME. This is very convenient since I have to carry around my work phone and personal phone all the time. No longer do I need to decide which of my phones to have connected. Nice work Jabra!

I've had the Cruiser for less than a week. So far, it's been an excellent experience. I use it paired with an iphone for telephone conversation as well as for listening to music & podcasts in the car. I have it clipped to my visor directly in front of me.



Pluses --



- Voice guided pairing was a snap. I like the voice announcements in general, telling you what mode it is in, etc.

- Very good sound quality and noise rejection, even in a small sports car. It's not perfect, but works at least as well as any BT headset that I've owned. The people I call never complain about my voice quality, and I'd give it about an 8/10 for incoming call sound quality.

- FM transmitter works very well ... as well or better than the dedicated "beamers" I've had. I use it mostly in this mode, listening to calls & music through the car stereo speakers. Music sounds good. It's easy to tune FM frequencies to a blank spot, although you really can't do it while driving.



Minuses --



- none really that I've found



Too early to tell --



- battery life

- haven't tried simultaneously connecting to two devices, as advertised



Thumbs up.

I have an iPhone, an amazing miniature, hand-held computer and basically a pretty bad phone. Probably half the blame on the iPhone belongs to AT&T and their spotty service, but that's another story. When hand-held, the iPhone works moderately well, however, the speakerphone aspect of it sucks big-time. Horrible!



I was tired of wearing a bluetooth device in my ear when driving, fearing I'd loose it, requiring a charge every three days, and concerned over unknown long-term medical side-effects from such a device.



When looking at various bluetooth ear devices at the local Apple store, one of the employees suggested I check this Jabra Cruiser device out. He said they carried it at the Apple store for about two months, then they just stopped carrying it. He told me the general feedback he got from Apple customers regarding the device was terrific - great sound quality, clarity, even the ability to broadcast via your FM capacity in your auto the incoming calls as well as music from your phone device.



While you give up the portability of a bluetooth headset with this visor clip-on speakerphone, the ease of use and function I believe vastly outweighs the issue of portability. The clarity is completely there, I've been using mine for three weeks on a daily basis and have had yet to re-charge it. It's broadcast distance is perhaps a problem in that you can walk away from your vehicle, enter a store and be 100 feet away and yet it holds the connection with your phone. I have discovered that when I pull into my garage at home, I need to turn off the unit, otherwise it will seize the calls when I'm at home unless I disable the bluetooth function on my iPhone. It's now become a habit when I enter my car in the morning to turn on the Cruiser, and within seconds I hear the synthetic voice say "connected". When I arrive home, I now automatically turn it off when entering the garage, and it says, "powered off".



I am completely satisfied with this product - it's a whole lot cheaper than purchasing a new vehicle with bluetooth built in... - Jabra - Bluetooth - Fm Transmitter - Car Speakerphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information