Monday 5 September 2011

Jabra Headset - jabra headset, cell phone headset


I owned one of these for about three months, then it started to fall apart. It was $30 at Best Buy. I haven't replaced it, as $30 is a *lot*.



$10? I'm buying two more. I can be moving 20 mph on my bicycle, talking to someone, with no problems. It has far better sound quality than my 'backup', which is a Jabra with no boom. The ear volume is adjustable on my phone, and I'm wondering what phones other reviewers have that won't let them adjust the volume? Jabra C150 Headset for 2.5mm Universal Headset Plug

This headset is fairly decent when it comes to the sound quality. There are a few drawbacks with this product, however.

Drawback #1: I stuck an ear-gel on the earpiece, and for awhile it was comfortable. The positive thing is that with the ear-gel alone, and earpiece STAYS in your ear. The downside is that it really makes your ear hurt after awhile, so maybe you decide to remove the ear-gel and perhaps use the hook that goes over the ear instead. WARNING: the ear-gel fits VERY tightly over the ear-piece, and when you try to pry it off, it yanks the little holed cover off of the earpiece, yanks the wires attached to it out as well, and thus breaks/stretches the wires! Headset ruined. I had to order another headset because of this issue.

Drawback #2: On my second try with this headset, I did not stick an ear-gel on the earpiece due to Drawback #1. Instead, I tried the hook that goes over the ear. The drawback to this is that it doesn't give nearly as much support as an ear-gel which is STUFFED into your ear, and so if you turn your head suddenly, cough violently, or push your long hair out of the way because it got a bit tangled with the earpiece, it yanks the earpiece out of your ear and it gets really annoying after awhile, especially if you are having an important conversation.

My suggestion to you is this: if you really want this product, find an ear-gel in the pack that fits you, stick it on the end of the earpiece, and NEVER take it off or it will break the headset! If it starts to hurt your ear, take the headset off and use a different headset for awhile. If you decide to use the hook over the ear instead, be prepared for it to fall off your ear very easily...

Hope this review was helpful :)

I've had my headset for about a month now. As noted by another reviewer, this headset does not come with any buttons or switches - the only thing on the cord is a shirt clip. 6 different ear gels are included to accomodate different ears, which is nice (though I've only ever used one). The headset is very easy to slip into my ear (only takes 1 second) and is comfortable for up to 2 hours of wear (at which point my ear starts to get a little sore). My boyfriend reported a similar experience with other headsets that use ear gels. If you regularly stay on the phone longer than 2 hours, it's something to keep in mind. However, it suits my needs just fine, and for the low price, I think it's really a great buy!

I bought this for $30 from Best Buy. What a waste of money!



The ear gels are comfortable at first, but after an hour or so, your ear starts to really hurt from it.



The sound quality is TERRIBLE! People I am talking to sound very muddled and overly loud, even on the lowest volume setting on my Motorola v300.



What is worse, people I am talking to hear me very poorly. They say there is so much background noise it sounds like I am in a noisy bar, even when I'm just sitting in my car. People can barely hear me over the background noise racket.

I purchased 5 Jabra C-150 headsets from SF Planet, a vendor for Amazon.com. I had purchased this product before from other vendors, as well as several other Jabra headsets -- all come with 6 gel earpieces (small, medium and large for both the left ear and right ear). When I received the 5 headsets from SF Planet, none of them had 6 gel earpieces -- all had only 3 earpieces. Some of the earpieces were duplicates -- by that I mean that, for example, they sent 2 Medium Right ears and 1 small left ear. Some only had earpieces for the left ear; some only had earpieces for the right ear. SF Planet's paperwork does not have any telephone number to call them -- but they clearly say that you should not give them a bad review, please contact online customer service...so I did. I told them what earpieces I was missing and they said that they would send them out right away -- I never received anything from them, nor any further communication from them. I will never purchase anything from SF Planet again, and I urge anyone who purchases from them: buyer beware!

I have owned this set for many years (since they came out). With three sizes, they fit well in almost everyones ears. I use the handing ear clip for outdoor work situations or in my car, but I don't use the ear clip in the office or at home. I keep one set in the car, one at home, and one at the office. Only the ones direct from Amazon come with the on/off button. BEWARE of ordering from the cheaper sources. They sell cheap knock offs. I have ordered from 3 different cheap companies and those models DO NOT have the on/off button and frequently come with only 3 gels. My last attempt at cheap brought me on left ear gels! I keep ordering more as gifts and also because I can be rough on them, I have found the "cheap" ones seem to break easier and more often. My lesson: as an Amazon Prime member (or with a $25.00 order) my extra cost for the "good" ones (considering shipping costs) is only $3.84, they have the very convienient on/off button, they come with all the ear gels, and they are better built! In the beginning there is price, in the end there is cost.

I have a Jawbone 2 on the way. I understand that the Jabra Mini gels help quite a bit with fitment issues people have with the new Jawbone. I was going to just get a replacement pack of mini gels as suggested around the web but they cost about 10 bucks plus shipping. It was a no brainer to get this headset for 4 bucks (free shipping) instead since it has the same ear gels. - Wired Headsets - Cell Phone Headset - Jabra Headset - Headset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information