Tuesday 27 September 2011

Kindle 3 Covers - reading light, kindle book light


I love the Kindle but often wanted to read in bed at night and not disturb my wife. After reading reviews of all the lights I bought this one in white. Some commented that it was too bright, some said it blocked the screen, and some said it caused glare. In my experience the level of light is about perfect; I use both levels depending on the situation. I clip it on the the upper right hand corner (the the left would work just as well) and angle the light towards the screen and find that this eliminats all glare. I have a cover on my Kindle and it easily clamps on to the folded back cover. The clamp is padded and I have never had it come off. I decided to buy another one just to keep in the car for use when traveling or when I need to use the computer at night and want to illuminate the keyboard. This light works great with the Kindle but it's just as useful with conventional books and for other uses.



This is a great product at a great price. Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Kindle Version) White

The light itself is nice, two settings, easy to operate.



The clip is too large to sit securely on the kindle, you have to sort of pinch it to the edge of the casing and it's not entirely secure. Additionally the clip is the battery case, and two AAA batteries add a surprising amount of weight to the Kindle, making it somewhat top heavy and more cumbersome to hold when reading lying down.



This clearly was not designed specifically for the Kindle, although it's currently being marketed that way. It's a great little light for traditional books, just not for the Kindle.

I won't go into great detail about the product because others have alrady done so, I just wanted to speak to the negative comments. 1) Not designed for the Kindle/doesn't work without obstructing the buttons or the reading page. I'm not certain what these folks are even talking about, frankly. Perhaps you have a different version of the Kindle than I do; I have the 2nd generation white one. If you clip the Mighty Bright to the top of the Kindle with the battery pack at the back (the little padded end of the clip toward the front) it stays on just fine, it doesn't cover any buttons or the reading page. I have since purchased a Kindle cover and I now clip the light to that, so no issue at all. 2) There is a reflection on the screen. If you have it clipped on the top of the Kindle, simply raise the arm a little higher and position the light itself perpendicular to the Kindle (so it is shining down like a street lamp) not twisted down where the light is pointing directly toward the page. This gives plenty of light to read by, and no glare. 3) You can't travel with this light because the button is so sensitive that it turns on and drains your batteries. I have traveled with this light quite a bit and it only turned on by itself once, when I had it crammed at the bottom of a large, soft sided carry on bag. There are several simple solutions to this. Don't pack it an overstuffed bag,don't put it near the bottom of a bag, or...simplest of all....take the batteries out when you pack it. I don't see how that is such a great inconvenience! If you have it packed that deeply/tightly in a bag/suitcase/backpack you are obviously not using it en route, and putting the batteries back in when you unpack shouldn't be that big an issue, and if you are using it in route, put it near the top where you can reach it easily and nothing is likely to accidently turn it on. My wife carries both this and her Kindle in her purse regularly and never has a problem. The light is lightweight, bright, easy on the eyes, cool to the touch and takes standard batteries. As far as battery life goes, that depends on how long yout run the light, whether or not you use both l.e.d.s and how good the battery quality is you buy. I have had mine for 8 months and I will be changing the battery for the 2nd time, soon. Not bad for using it nearly every night. I'm thinking of switching to rechargeable batteries, though as we use so manyof them in our house.

I loved this light....while it worked! The on/off switch is not reliable (flimsy at best) and when I asked about getting it replaced, was told I was out of luck. Keep this in mind should you decide to purchase this light.

I use a Mighty Brite for books and bought another for my Kindle because I thought somehow it had different engineering or something that would work better with the screen. It is the same exact light except for a tiny pad on the part that clips to the screen. The light itself is awkward to pose, the clip slides around and there is such a glare on the screen that you cannot read the words without moving the light way out from the screen. Kind of ridiculous. They should NOT be offering this light as a solution for the Kindle.

I recently picked this up when I purchased my Kindle. At first I was very pleased with it, found it to have a very good quality of light, although a bit on the bulky side for the small kindle.



However, within 1-2 weeks it begin to fall apart. The top part, featuring the light , begin to slowly unscrew and hang off by the cords without any warning, and the actual swivel did not hold its position, often returning to its previous position after you adjust it for a better light source



I recommend anyone who is looking to buy a kindle light to LOOK ELSEWHERE. I'm in the military and I needed a light that would be tough and could aid me when I was traveling, but before I even had the chance to go anywhere it was just a hanging light on a stick.. A flashlight would be more efficient, as this thing is a waste of money. - Reading Light - Book Light - Kindle Book Light - Kindle Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information