Wednesday 21 September 2011

Kindle Accessory - kindle 3 case, kindle accessory


After going through loads and loads of reviews on multiple kindle covers - I am finally happy and satisfied that I made the right choice.

It is definitely difficult to make a decision as there are so many options available out there and we really cant try out each and everyone before you choose the right one.



Below were the categories that I divided covers into:

1. Ones that connect to the spine of the kindle

2. Ones that have flaps on all 4 sides to hold the device

3. Sleeve type (like the envelope type)

4. This product that I am writing a review about.



Below are the pros and cons of each of these types:



#1 (Ones that connect to the spine of the kindle)

pros: Great view (we get the see the entire device with nothing on top of it.

cons: We just feel like it may not be holding on to the device for ever. Also, there were some reviews where this was resulting in freezing the device in some cases (as there are connections to the battery of the device for the light in some covers)



#2 (Ones that have flaps on all 4 sides to hold the device)

pros: my opinion, none

cons: I just felt it ugly design that some 4 flaps hold on to the corners of the device. The below flaps also cover part of the buttons - just didnt like it.



#3 (Sleeve type)

pros: Good to use it as a carry case if thats the only purpose of it.

cons: No cover when using the device.



#4 (This product)

pros: Holds the device firmly without some weird looking flaps, the cuts are made right so that the screen, keyboard and connectors are free to use. And great price!

cons: The material is synthetic leather - looks good but not "leather" (which didnt matter to me as it was at a great price)



So, to summarize, I felt the cover was the perfect purposeful product for the kindle at a very good price.

I just couldnt convince myself to pay $35 (Other covers) or more when the reader itself was $139



Hope this review helps.



[Update - March 29, 2011]

Am still very happy with the product - no issues what so ever.

I did drop the kindle (with cover ofcourse) more than couple of times - no damages. CE Compass Cover Case for Kindle 3 (3rd Third Generation 6" Kindle Wi-Fi + 3G) Black

I purchased this cover after going to several Best Buy stores and coming up empty. (Best Buy sells the Kindle and other eReaders. They also offer covers in the store.) I even tried to purchase a cover that was supposed to be for the Kindle 3. I went to my vehicle to see if it would hold my Kindle in place if the case accidentally fell out of my purse, it did not. I left my vehicle and returned the $40 case for a full refund.

Then I returned home and began searching Amazon for a cover. This cover seemed perfect. Now that I have received it, it is great because the Kindle slides in from top of the case. It provides access to the page keys, the USB port, and the power button. The left side of the case is firm, but lightly padded to provide some protection for the screen. It is a perfect case for tossing my Kindle into my purse. Wish it came in different colors, like RED! Oh well, other than that it is GREAT!!!

I bought this case from the same seller on ebay...love this case! It is light in weight, easy to hold, very protective, and even has the edging on the bottom, which most companies excluded on the K3 version for some reason. I've thrown it in the car, in my purse and have dropped it a few times, and my kindle is still perfect. The seller is great to deal with and ships fast. Would love more colors to choose from.

For the price, it is an excellent cover. It fits the K3 exactly and will not let it fall out, even through the open flap at the top. But that's how you get the kindle in anyway.



Pros:

1) Holds the K3 perfectly (as mentioned above)

2) The price was decent

3) Makes me feel as if I am holding a 'real' book open

4) I never have to touch my K3. I am only touching the buttons to turn the page & to type.

5) Does not obstruct the function of the kindle. I can still plug it into my computer, plug in my head phones, have it read out loud, etc. without it being muffled by the case or without removing it from the case.



Cons:

1) It is thin leather and I would not feel comfortable throwing it around in a bag with my keys and wallet, but that's just me.

2)The magnet is not terribly strong, but I have a feeling that it if it were, it might interfere with the K3's internal wiring & battery as other faulty cases have.



The pros outweigh the cons for me. I am happy with my new case for my K3.

The perfect case for the Kindle, IMO. Sleek and elegant-looking, it looks like it'd cost three or four times more than what it does, fits the Kindle snugly, and leaves all of the Kindle's buttons accessible. My main concern before purchasing was that the Kindle might slide out of the top-loading opening, but it's such an exact fit that even with some jostling and shaking, it's in there to stay. The back speakers are of course covered up, but it doesn't seem to impede the sound one bit. Totally recommended, and what great value--why would anyone pay for the ridiculously expensive proprietary Kindle case when you can get this?! - Kindle Covers - Kindle 3 Covers - Kindle 3 Case - Kindle Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information