Sunday 25 September 2011

Laptop Bags - case, green


I was really excited to finally get a good hard shell cover for my Mac and one in such a vibrant color. I've gotten a ton of compliments on it already. Putting it on my laptop was very easy, just a few snaps, and taking it off for cleaning is also not difficult. The small inclining feet on the bottom do help with ventilation. My only tiny complaint is that the bottom part seems to adjust a tad especially when I lift it. I notice that one side frequently detaches a teeny bit, although this only requires a quick press to the side and it's back to being great. While I would like to give this project 5 stars, the fact that I am still a tad curious about the fit on the bottom piece makes me give it 4 stars instead. Still highly recommended though, especially in comparison to some of the other very expensive and tricky covers that are sold. GREEN mCover® Hard Shell Case for 13-inch aluminum A1278 MacBook Pro (13.3-inch diagonal screen, Black Keyboard)

I love the color and sleek look. Have had many compliments on this. My only complaint is that the case interferes with the power adapter so that it cam only be attached one way into the port, obstructing the Ethernet port. Thus when I need acces via Ethernet I can not charge the laptop.

I have never bought a cover for my mac and therefore gave mCover a chance. It has a simple look, the color is also great since I'm a fan of green. The product snapped easily to my mac and has not come off since. Since it has been on, I've bumped my mac while carrying it throughout the house such as a door. Although they were accidents, the cover fulfilled its job description on protecting my computer. I couldn't ask for more, I am extremely happy I purchased this cover for my mac.

I love the green color of this case. The cover was very easy to snap into place, but the fit seems to be just a tad "off." Whenever I open my MacBook Pro, it makes a sound as if the top and bottom covers were rubbing against each other. I think this cover needs to go back to the drawing board for a little adjustment, so that the opening of the laptop is quieter, without that rubbing sound.

Of all the accessories I ordered for my MacBook Pro, this was the one I was most looking forward to - I guess I allowed others' reviews of it to create greater expectations then it deserved, imo. It does what it's supposed to, it protects the unit; but I have since found myself wondering why I would take such a beautiful piece of equipment & cover it with cheap looking plastic?!! Yes, I want to keep the MBP protected and looking nice, especially since I'm hard on things, but I think I'd be much happier with a sleeker looking cover, even if it means a greater cost. [addition: since posting this review, I did look at others and found one I LOVE for just $5 more; I'll be selling this one very soon! I won't adjust my rating for this one; the fault is not with the product, but with my preferences and tastes; I would just suggest to prospective buyers that you think about how you want your elegant MPB to look with a cover, if you're not picky, this is a great bargain, and the choice of colors is good; if you want a little more style, there are nicer alternatives for just a little more $$]



The fit is good, although every time I open it I feel like I'm going to snap it off; it hasn't happened (yet), but that just adds to my overall hesitancy of the product. As others have pointed out, the plastic feet are hard to move up & down; seems that metal clips would have been of better use here, those could at least be 'replaced' or rigged if they broke off, whereas the plastic ones, once broken would not be easy to fix. I don't see myself using them much, if at all, so this isn't a concern for me, but it might be very important to someone else.

When I first bought my macbook pro I looked at the cases apple sold. They were too expensive and I didn't want to spend $50 on one. I looked on ebay and found these. My friend bought one last year and it fit perfectly and also came with a silicone keyboard. I decided to buy one also and for my sister too. I love how theres tabs on the bottom so you can raise the laptop from overheating. Saves me money from buying a laptop cooler.

I bought my mom this case to protect her new MacBook Pro, and when she received it she was amazed! She LOVED it! AND, what's more, she was able to put it on properly all by herself... which amazed ME! It looks great, fits great and even protects great! I had a lot more selection with mCover and I *personally* like the fact that it cost less than HALF the price of the more famous brands sold at nearly every Mac outlet!

I had been searching for a cover to go on my macbook for a really long time when I ran across this one. Green is my favorite color, so of course that's the one I chose. I couldn't be happier! It snaps on super easy (even my 3 year old knows how to do it) and it looks great. I love how you can still see the apple. The only downside, which is not a big deal, is that one of the legs that help set up the macbook gets stuck sometimes. All you have to do is wiggle it a little and it goes back straight. Several people have commented on how nice this cover looks and some even thought I had purchased a new computer. I highly recommend getting one of these, not only for personality, but for the longevity of your computer as well. - Case - Cover - Green - Macbook Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information