Monday 12 September 2011

Laptop Battery Chargers - hp, compaq ac adapter


I've had a Compaq Armada e500 laptop for a long time now and this is my fourth power cable. Mind you, this has nothing to do with the quality of the part, I own cats and cats like to chew cords.



One complaint I've had with previous replacements is the length of the cable. The original cord seemed to be infinitely long such that I could go almost anywhere in a room and still be plugged in. Other replacement cables seemed to always be a few inches short. Not so with this one. While it isn't quite as long as the original, it is long enough to get the job done.



The reason I give this cable 4 out of 5 stars is simply that the brick itself does get fairly warm when in use. Other cables have gotten downright hot so this one is an improvement, but none of the aftermarket units dissipate heat like the original cable.



If you own a compatible laptop and need a replacement a/c adapter, go ahead and pick this one up. HP 65W Smart AC Adapter PPP09L

I have a Compaq EVO N610C and I was looking for a replacement AC Adapter to work in Caracas, Venezuela. This adapter works fine and charge battery, but I took out three stars because it is rated 18V & 2.5 Amp = 45W and seller did not show this technical information in big letters. It is not the exact replacement for original 65W charger, rated 18V & 3.6 Amp from Compaq.

This charger is extremely cheap. Although the sticker on the charger indicates it is the replacement part number for HP's charger, I'm not so sure I believe that. It is made of cheap parts, cheap plastic, cheap plugs and has a cheap transformer inside. I paid less than two bucks for this charger, and within a week, the plug broke inside the laptop. The box itself got so hot it melted. You get what you pay for. And since it was under two dollars, it's not worth paying return shipping on it to send it back. I already paid eight dollars to get it here.

this product worked perfect!! used for a compaq c700 laptop. the only negative is the cord isnt as long as the original but for the price, it is well worth it!! It worked so well that I bought an extra one because the price was low so i have one for livingroom and bedroom.

The 1st cord that was sent was broken. They sent me another one immediately w/out me having to return the broken one. The 2nd one they sent wouldn't power the laptop and after looking it was not on the list for replacement cords for the laptop. This cord has been sent back to them today at my cost. I am awaiting a credit.

It's HP's fault, not the manufacturer of this product, but it doesn't matter. It won't work for your 17-inch dv7 laptop.



HP originally sold the dv7 with an underpowered 65-watt adapter. The HP replacement adapter is 90-watts. No 65-watt replacement adapter will work. Order a 90-watt adapter for a different model, or give the ******** at HP $70 for their replacement (which is 90-watts). HP should have recalled them. I have gone through 1 12-volt car adapter, and 3 65-watt replacement adapters for mine, but none work. For all, the computer says, "plugged in, but not charging" and the battery quickly dies. Save yourself a lot of headache and expense, and just buy a 90-watt adapter for your 17-inch laptop.



Here is the HP original equipment link:





Here is the HP replacement parts link:



Note how the original equipment has a 65-watt ac adapter, but the HP replacement part is 90-watts.



Here is what you really need:

HP 90W Smart Pin Dongle AC Adapter (KG298AA)

This was a replacement to my original compaq power cord that lasted three years and two tours in Iraq, plus numerous other trips around the US. The price was better than fair, it shipped relatively quickly from the States to where I'm stationed, and it was very well packaged. It does what i need it to, and fits nice and snug to my laptop's power receptacle. I did also purchase a laptop surge protector, as power here is thoroughly unpredictable. The velcro cord-keeper is also a nice touch. - Hp - Charger - Laptop Power Adapter - Compaq Ac Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information