Wednesday 21 September 2011

Laptop Cooling Pad


You name it, Zalman, Belkin, Antec, Notepal Infinite, I've almost tried them all, some even triple the price. The U2 is by far better. Its light weight, simple design, and super super quiet. What I like most is the movable / positionable fans allowing you pin point where the hot spots are which is unique to different brands/model of laptops. In most cases, I don't even turn on the fan. The vented holes allow good air circulation. My 15" MBP typically stays below 50C and it fits on top of it perfectly. The large rubber pads keep itself from sliding. For the price you can't find a better gig than this - at least I haven't. I give it a 5-stars. Cooler Master Notepal U2 Notebook Cooler with Two Fans R9-NBC-8PBK-GP

This cooler is pretty amazing. I repositioned the two fans right over my laptop hard drive and CPU where my laptop is the hottest and they actually keep them pretty cool. All other laptop fans that I have seen have a central fan, leaving the right side of my laptop where my hard drive is really hot. My hard drive died recently and I think the overheating (I use my laptop over 8h/day) was a major factor. Now, instead of it being about 53 degrees Celsius (127 F) without a fan, it stays around 36 degrees Celsius (97 F)! Much better.



I like that it also raises the back of my laptop. The only problem I have is that you can't use it to store and carry your laptop as intended unless you remove the two fans, at least with my laptop. Much thinner ones may fare better. I just don't have the time to remove the fans, rearrange everything to put the laptop into the slot, and then put them into my backpack in such a way that the disconnected fans aren't damaged every time I need to move my laptop. Reassembling from there is also a pain. So I don't use that extra "protection and storage" feature and just keep the fans attached and my laptop on top of the frame, even in my backpack.



Aside from that, this laptop fan works great. I can barely hear it, it is made of sturdy material and doesn't slide, it fits great (about the same size as my 15.4" laptop), and the underside of my laptop feels only slightly warm after being on all day with the fan beneath it. Even without connecting the fans, it does a decent job cooling. I definitely recommend it.

I love it's styling and design, I am very happy with it. I especially like that its made of lightweight aluminum, and the fact that you can place the fans where its need most, is what convinced me to buy it. When you place your notebook on it, it gives it the perfect angle to work on and the rubber corners keep your computer from slipping and it also doubles as a carrier to help prevent any scratches on your notebook. The cooling? It does quite well, it lowers my computers' temp on average of 8 degrees. I added the Thermaltake Mobile Fan 12 External USB Cooling Fan 12CM AF0007 and the combination works far better than I could ever have hoped for. I would have preferred that the fans had a little more "umpf" (more air flow) or the option to purchase additional fans like the ones that come with the Notepal U2. The bottom line is that the Notepal U2 is the best cooler I have used, mixed with the aluminum construction, design, and PRICE, you can't go wrong.

First let me say I've owned over six different lap top coolers in my life. This is BY FAR the best. First of all, it is SILENT. The only way I can tell it's working is to put my hand near one of the fans. Secondly, it does it's job exactly as promised. . .it doesn't blow air into the computer, it pulls the heat away. It does have an approximately 3 inch high slant to it, I suppose it has to, to accommodate the fans, and I don't really care for that, but that's a minor quibble for an otherwise perfect product.

This cooler was exactly what I was looking for. You can set up the fans to point at the hot spots, and it cools very well.



HOWEVER, I have had the thing less than three weeks, and already the USB connector that powers the fans is breaking. I have to jiggle it just right to get the fans to go, and it has rapidly gotten to the point where I can't keep the fans going for more than a couple of seconds at a time. When are people going to start making laptop wires and connectors that actually last a while?

Construction: 5 stars.

solid enough to support the weight of the MBP plus some.



Finish: 5 stars.

Doesn't look cheap.



Fans: 4 stars for the fan. 5 stars for the removable feature.

Not noisy, but i can hear them when the room is really quite. It doesn't bother me a bit. The removable feature is extremely useful for MBP.



Functions: 5 stars.

Before, watching youtube always brought the temp to 70C. Now, 50-57C depending on how many applications, etc... open.



Package: 5 stars.

The product package is simple. Amazon shipped the package with a gigantic box, which protected it very well during shipping.



Recommendation:

Buy buy buy.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information