Thursday 8 September 2011

Laptop Docking Stations - notebook riser, notebook stand


I have been searching for a long time for a stand for my laptop and tried many. I have never found one that was any good until now. This is wonderful. I love it. Perfect height, doesn't slip around and easy to move the laptop if you need to with the stand! Great product. GPG2 Notebook Lift for 13 to 17 Inch Notebook Computers, White (102-1NOL-WI)

Once the packaging is open, the directions for opening this simple device are on the paper insert. Done. If there is one drawback it is the angle cannot be adjusted. For this, a more expensive device would be needed. As it is, the angle is perfect and it works well. Can't say anything negative about it at all. A good investment for a simple, inexpensive laptop holder.

I bought this item and it was delivered today. Set it up; it's very cheap and flimsy. My laptop slid right off of it the first time I used it and it scratched the top of it because the prongs at the top are not rounded metal - simply cut metal with a sharp edge. I put duct tape on it and it gives it a better grip and protects my laptop, but I shouldn't have had to do this. I wouldn't recommend buying this product. Spend the extra money and get a really nice laptop stand!

The GPG2 works well as a laptop lift. I was originally going to purchase one of the more expensive laptop risers, but then saw this model and tried it for the price. I was concerned about stability, but haven't had any issues. Note that I do use it simply to elevate the monitor so that it is level with my primary external monitor (giving me two easily-viewable screens); this has really helped my comfort level working. I use a USB keyboard for actual typing; the GPG2 has held fine during a few typing tests, but I can't speak to long-term use.



I also used to have problems with my laptop running hot; this stand has greatly reduced that as there is plenty of room for airflow under the monitor now. - Notebook Riser - Notebook Stand - Laptop Cooler - Laptop Cooling Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information