Wednesday 14 September 2011

Media Storage - dvd, sleeves


These are quite simply white paper ungummed envelopes with a clear window, appropriate for storing and protecting any CDs and DVDs you have laying around, or for replacing those bulky plastic jewel cases for more efficient storage.



We had a number of piles of DVDs and data CDs cluttering our house when we were producing backups--these plus a "CD vault" (essentially deep CD-sized drawers) helped us immensely in cleaning up the clutter. CD DVD White Paper Sleeves with Clear Window 1000 Pack

I've ordered disc protectors before and received the wrong product. This was exactly what I was looking for. These are wax paper envelopes the same size as a CD/DVD. They have a round, clear plastic window on the front, and a small flap on the back that fits into a small round slit to keep the envelope closed. Perfect as a cheap way to store or ship CDs or DVDs. Just beware of the shipping price. I didn't really want fast shipping for this product, and I didn't really need to pay *more* in shipping than the product itself. I would have preferred spending $10 or even $5 on shipping. But, the seller was reliable and the product arrived quickly, so no big deal.

PROS

- Inexpensive

- Creased, but not folded (depends on your perspective)



CONS

- A little bit thin (85 Gram)

- Creased, but not folded (depends on your perspective)



I bought the 85 Gram version of the cd sleeves instead of the 80 Gram (current default. The 85 Gram it is still a bit thinner than I expected and thinner than the sleeves I've used in the past. They are definitely usable, but if I had the opportunity to pay a few dollars more for a thicker sleeve like 100 Gram I probably would.



To put this in perspective - Please keep in mind that my previous purchased paper cd/dvd sleeves were approximately $10 for only 100 and this was $20 for 1,000.

This product provides an excellent value for the money. However, I relied on a review that stated the envelopes had a "small flap on the back that fits into a small round slit to keep the envelope closed." This turned out not to be case--the envelopes close with a plain flap (as shown in the picture) and without any slit in the envelope. At this price, though, it may have been expecting too much to have that particular closure mechanism. In any case, I rated them 4 stars instead of 5 simply because they are less sturdy than the envelopes I have used in the past.

The price is unbeatable. I had to pay $10 for 250 at BJ's Wholesale Club. Each bundle (of 50??) is individually wrapped in clear plastic. Yes, the paper could be a little thicker, but it has consistent quality and gets the job done. - Sleeves - Envelopes - Cd - Dvd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information