Monday 26 September 2011

Memory Card - microsdhc, microsd


I've been impressed with the Sandisk 32GB Class 2 microSDHC card so far. I bought it with bulk packaging, which means it came in a small plastic clam shell case slipped into a little plastic envelope. There were no included adapters.



I'm using the card in my Android Nexus One cellphone. I've used a benchmark app on the phone to gauge performance of the card, and it is doing about 5MB/sec writes and 9MB/sec reads. This is with settings at 10MB test data size and 8KB write unit size. I saw similar write performance when the card was mounted on my PC via a USB 2.0 card adapter. These numbers indicate it's performing somewhat better than the minimum guaranteed for Class 4 cards, which is great. I'm coming from a 16GB Class 6 card and haven't noticed any performance hits, so far. SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card (Bulk Package)

I bought this to put in my new Samsung Focus Windows Phone. This card has not been certified by Microsoft to work with the operating system, but I have had no problems after a week. I didn't use the card in any other way before having the phone format it. The card performs well and I am sure that is would work admirably in a more tradition sense. And one more thing, the price was excellent for a 32GB card.

I'm no expert on data transfer rates, but in my new Droid X, this card has been great. Put all my music and movies on there, lickity-split, and has been chugging along with no problem. It might only be "Class 2," but seems superb to me.

As of December 2010, SanDisk has updated the Class on SDSDQ-032G from Class 2 to Class 4.



However, SanDisk is removing any mention of "Class" on non-ULTRA non-EXTREME card retail packaging in order to have the flexibility to package whichever class card the SanDisk factory sees fit. Unfortunately, SanDisk does not believe the average consumer cares about what Class designation is on the memory card, though many consumers do care.



Unfortunately, since SanDisk uses the same P/N and UPC code, there is no way to tell whether Class 2 or Class 4 will ship inside the package. This is compounded by not all vendors and fulfillment centers use FIFO inventory shipping standards and old inventory can persist for a very long time.



Customers seeking further information about this change may contact SanDisk customer service at 1-866-SANDISK.

I purchased this in order to give my HTC Incredible phone the same storage space as my iPod touch. This microSDHC card is perfect for that, and has given no issues thus far. Highly recommended for Android phone users (check to make sure your phone accepts microSDHC cards)

Got it in the mail, inserted it into my brand new Nook Color (32gb), plugged the machine into my computer and loaded books etc, got a "drive not ready" error while loading and could no longer see it in my computer and it failed to register on the nook drive dialog, so I took it out and used the adapter they sent with it and tried it on several computers in a newer thumb drive that does high capacity and windows wants to format it to 8mb! Sounds like defective merchandise to me.

Got this today and immediately installed it in my htc EVO phone.



Works great. Sees all 32GB.



I powered the phone down, carefully extracted the installed 8GB card, copied the contents from that card to this 32GB card, and installed the 32GB card and shazzam, it works.



Enough said.

Mine was sold by Prime 2 Daym - they appear to be labelling off-brand 4 GB cards as SanDisk 32 GB card and using a modified boot record to report them as 32 GB cards. Mine reports it as a 32 GB card, but when trying to load more than 4GB of data reports itself as out of space. This has happened in two different devices, including twice in my phone after resetting and reformatting. Complete and total rip-off.

I've been using this card for 3 weeks in the Samsung Focus, and it has worked flawlessly. I've maxed out the cards memory, used it, emptied it, and frequently tested the card, and it worked flawlessly without failure. I am glad I took the risk with this card.

Title says it all, works in my new Samsung Focus with Windows Phone 7. I know people have had problems with certain brands of microSDHC cards, but I slipped it in, reset the phone, and the system recognized it and made use of the additional memory. - Microsd - Microsdhc - Sandisk - Micro Sd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information