Wednesday 21 September 2011

Mini-hdmi Cable - mini hdmi cable, hdmi cables


Not a lot to say: it's a cable, it works well with my Droid X and my Samsung TV.



Note that by default, the Droid X only shows Videos and Pictures over HDMI, but there's a "Real HDMI" app that allows any app to be shown on your TV. Fosmon HDMI to Micro HDMI Cable (5 Feet)

Got this cable for my HTC Evo. Have been using it with my new Vizio 37" HDTV and have been very impressed. The cable itself feels well made, the connection is snug, output seems perfect. Its a good length but not too long or short. Price was very reasonable. If you have a phone with micro HDMI out this cable should work well.

I've had my phone for some time now, and I was hesitant to buy this specific accessory at first, simply because I didn't think I would use it all that much. Then I came across this cable, and for the price at the time, I thought, "why not?". Soon after getting it, I set it up for a test run. As expected, it does what it's supposed to do: display video (with audio) from your Evo to your TV via HDMI.



When you plug it in, your phone recognizes the HDMI cable and asks you to adjust output settings, etc. At first, I thought this would display everything my Evo was displaying simultaneously onto my TV (much like a laptop connected to a projector), but that is not the case. Only "video" (i.e, video you've recorded, media files, youtube, etc.) will show once you choose to play them from your phone. Now that was a user misunderstanding on my part, and to no fault of the cable. I just wanted to make that clear for anyone that may be purchasing this with that goal in mind.



As far as the video quality you get on your TV, it depends entirely on the video quality of the source. I've looked up HD videos on youtube and had them display on my phone very nicely, but when relayed to the TV, I can't say they're anything spectacular. Of course this can also depend on your TV. (I've read that some TV's are incompatible with the HTC Evo's output so it may not display at all. I am using a Mitsu 65" DLP and picture quality on most video's are acceptable.)



Bottom line: This cable works as it should for the setup I had. Just make sure you check that both devices are compatible for use with microHDMI to HDMI output and input.

Works. I connected my Droid X to my Sharp 46" and the first port it didn't recognize but the second one worked fine. I'm not sure if it was the cable of my phone, but in any case, it works as expected. Construction of the cable is fine and it is indeed 5 feet long as reported. I would order this again.

I just got my cable and hooked it up to my Samsung HDTV input and I have installed Act 1 video player app on my phone and it played the movie just fine. Just a little info: I have installed Handbrake on my laptop and I compress my movies on it then I connect the USB from my laptop to my EVO and mount it as a hard drive and transfer the compressed movie from my computer to the video folder on the EVO and there you go, you have your movies on the go. FYI: I purchased a 16gig microsd card because I also have my music on my phone as well for when I work out or just on the go. Hope this was helpful. - Mini Hdmi Cable - Hdmi Cable - Hdmi Cables - Htc Evo 4g'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information